chinesekidx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some verification for this.
So this is my situation. I found out that I had one of the 4 DSiWare titles on my DSi to do a NFIRM Downgrade. I transfered the title to my o3ds. I was able to downgrade a friend's 3ds successfully. So then I reformatted my friend's 3ds after installing cfw (this deleted the DSi title). And then I did a NAND restore on my own o3ds which brought back the DSi title. Now this is where it gets tricky. Every time I connect to Nintendo's server, it grays out my DSi title. It disappears from my home menu but I can see it in Data Management. But I can do another NAND restore and it will reappear on my home menu. It will launch and stay in my home menu as long as I don't connect to Nintendo's server. Another friend wants to me help them do a downgrade with the title, but I'm worried that the DSi title won't work. If I were to do another system transfer to do a downgrade, will the DSi title transfered from my system to their system work? Will it show up on their 3ds home menu?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You transferred the ticket to your friend during the system transfer. The dsiware belongs to him now.

chinesekidx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You transferred the ticket to your friend during the system transfer. The dsiware belongs to him now.
But how does that work? Is there anyway to inject the ticket back into my own o3ds? None of our systems had a NNID linked when we were doing the downgrade

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how does that work? Is there anyway to inject the ticket back into my own o3ds? None of our systems had a NNID linked when we were doing the downgrade
NNID does not matter. The tickets are linked to the console through the Nintendo servers. You can wait 7 days and system transfer the game back to you or buy another game. Those are your only two options.

Every time you system transfer you are transferring your tickets. So it does not matter if you restore your nand after or not. The game is gone from your system.

Your friend however should be able to download the game from the eshop again and you can use his console to mod your other friends console. That means that friend #2 will now hold the ticket to that dsiware game.

chinesekidx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I was assuming that I wouldn't be able to redownload the title because it was taken off the eShop. But everything worked out fine now. I was able to redownload the title on my friend's 3ds and now I can use his 3ds to system transfer to another 3ds. I was planning on finding a NAND backup of his 3ds and restoring it to get back the DSi title but you saved me $2 and a lot of time lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1