Homebrew Question (REQUEST) Homebrew Shutdown Switch

GnK23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I would like to ask if there is a homebrew like Rei toolkit that can totally shutdown the switch? Even in autoRCM mode the rei toolkit can shutdown the switch. Im wondering if there is an alternative shutdown homebrew with an nsp file? thanks!

Storm21

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Its done... You can use this :) SwitchPoff (Shutdown Switch) NRO and NSP Version... This is from me! Made with hacbrewpack, thanks @The-4n Sourcecode RaiNXToolbox

Ok can't post a Link, Sorry GBA Rules, google it

Link: (psxtools SwitchPoff) There Post 13

It is only german Forum

D

Deleted User

Its done... You can use this :) SwitchPoff (Shutdown Switch) NRO and NSP Version... This is from me! Made with hacbrewpack, thanks @The-4n Sourcecode RaiNXToolbox

It is only german Forum
With this i can turn off completely my System with RCM mode? When i turn it on again will it have RCM mode active or will i have to do the process with the clip again...? thanks!

chaos_jockey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this i can turn off completely my System with RCM mode? When i turn it on again will it have RCM mode active or will i have to do the process with the clip again...? thanks!

I don't believe there's a way to boot emunand without a payload, therefore no way without entering RCM via jig or autoRCM; however there's a new way to reboot to rcm and from there you can boot OFW. RCMReboot.

Soo.... No? Unless you want to boot OFW I don't believe there's a way to shutdown and boot directly to CFW without an injector.

Ok, I've been reading around but haven't dug deeper. You might be able to do something like this but with emunand.

Last edited by chaos_jockey,

Storm21

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Its Shutdown the Switch, not Standby Mode, i have no autoRCM activ test it...
You always need to send a Payload after complete shutdown, its the same as press 12sec the Power Button

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way if you want an app that has more features for turning your switch on and off, use PowerToolsNX its much better, it actually turns your Switch of fully and reboots if you want too :)

Homebrew Full NSP install & Enjoy!
https://filetrip.net/dl?xToaNCnKBu

If you want an app that switchs off but not rcm so you can put your dongle in and it will boot instead of having to use the power button this is better EasyPower
https://filetrip.net/dl?0V7lHmevMS

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: noctis90210

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
too bad you can't download if you don't have a forum account.
it's your tool, do you have any sources, or github? I like maintaining a wiki list.

also, to verify if it's properly powering off or still rely on a bootloader to do it (official power off just tell bootloader to power off the console) you have to use a non powered dongle.
if you connect a powered USB-C the console will boot even if it was properly shut down, so you can't verify if it's properly powered off or not.

use PowerToolsNX its much better
ohh, I missed that one. I don't have it listed on wiki.
is there a thread of source for that one?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
too bad you can't download if you don't have a forum account.
it's your tool, do you have any sources, or github? I like maintaining a wiki list.

also, to verify if it's properly powering off or still rely on a bootloader to do it (official power off just tell bootloader to power off the console) you have to use a non powered dongle.
if you connect a powered USB-C the console will boot even if it was properly shut down, so you can't verify if it's properly powered off or not.

ohh, I missed that one. I don't have it listed on wiki.
is there a thread of source for that one?
Yes it’s a good one here’s the github link:
https://github.com/CVFireDragon/PowerToolsNX/releases

You can wiki my nsp up if you wish it is rather good as a shutdown app.

Storm21

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@Cyan I now but i can't post links for now, i have no github Account... Sourcecode is from ReiToolkit (Shutdown code), made with hacbrewpack... But test it, its tested by me and the Forum on 5.1 and 6.1, it's do his Job... I don't need a Reboot app only Shutdown, i see no point to Reboot! If you like, i made a release thread, if you can put the Links in?

Edit...
And yes if you powered usb te Switch booting to OFW, that is te normal way... Put in to dock, starts up normal...

Last edited by Storm21,

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it’s a good one here’s the github link:
https://github.com/CVFireDragon/PowerToolsNX/releases

You can wiki my nsp up if you wish it is rather good as a shutdown app.
i think this one (your app) needs a separate thread :-)
it saves 50% of the life of the usb-c port of our switch... no need to inject the payload just to turn off the switch...

anyway, just want to clarify things...
when i choose to reboot the switch, does it burn fuses? since horizon was not loaded via rcm method? thanks and have a nice day...

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
i think this one (your app) needs a separate thread :-)
it saves 50% of the life of the usb-c port of our switch... no need to inject the payload just to turn off the switch...

anyway, just want to clarify things...
when i choose to reboot the switch, does it burn fuses? since horizon was not loaded via rcm method? thanks and have a nice day...
No it just reboots back into rcm so it’s easier if you have a dongle for example you can plug it in and it boots back into cfw without having to touch the power button nothing related to burning fuses, if you mean using ChoiDujour it’s fine it won’t affect that whatsoever. ChoiDujour doesn’t burn fuses it will automatically turn auto rcm on when flashing it has to do this, this is what stops the fuses burning, it’s a very straight forward process nothing to worry about it checks everything before install and then reboots back into rcm when finished.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: noctis90210

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
when i choose to reboot the switch, does it burn fuses? since horizon was not loaded via rcm method?
yes, if you don't have AutoRCM or don't launch the console with a custom payload, it's using nintendo's payload which burn fuses.

If you like, i made a release thread, if you can put the Links in?
If you make a new thread for you tool, I can add the link for you, just post them with spaces until you can do it yourself.
you'll be able to post links after reaching 10 forum messages.

though, if it's "just" reiNX toolkit, repacked to do only the shutdown, maybe it's not required to have its own thread? I don't know. it's more like a reitoolkit mod.
but it can be useful to users.

Just to clarify. does this nsp fully shutdowns a nsw with autorcm installed.
I'll test both Poff and toolnx and report.
I think if I plug my phone before shutting down it shouldn't power ON the console, so it'll detect whether its in RCM or not.
I hope it won't mess my exFAT.

edit:
oh, I don't have an account to download switchPoff. I'll wait for the link to github or someone posting the nro.

result :

PowerToolNX : not working with AutoRCM
SwitchPoff : to be tested. Edit : if it uses reinx toolkit, then both are using the same shutdown command so they work exactly the same way. reitoolbox has an additional bpcExit() command, but the program might never reach it.

I plugged my phone before running PowerToolsNX, selected Shutdown option.
the console rebooted into (auto)RCM, the phone sent hekate payload, then hekate automatically shutdown the console (autoHOS enabled).

I'm almost sure the bootloader is the one responsible to shutdown the Switch.
PowerToolNX uses libnx's bpcShutdownSystem(), which uses the Board power control (bpc) service IPC wrapper. (wrapper = using official switch commands)

without CFW:
(re)boot -> bootloader ( if shutdown argument then shutdown, else check fuse then burn if needed and launch HOS if fuse count correct) -> HOS -> Power off -> reboot with shutdown argument for bootloader to see it.

Hekate:
(re)boot -> bootloader ( if shutdown argument then shutdown (autoHOS), else do hekate autoboot or menu) -> HOS -> Power off -> reboot with shutdown argument for bootloader to see it.

When you launch a homebrew to shutdown the console, it's probably just doing the same than HOS : cleanly shutdown applications and reboot with argument to shutdown the console.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: proffk

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to clarify. does this nsp fully shutdowns a nsw with autorcm installed. So we dont need to power off through hekate. Normal shutdown reboots into rcm mode & this stops that.
Yes it does shuts down fully A for shutdown B for reboot shutdown but A does shutdown fully you need to press the power button to turn rcm on again or turn on. I have auto rcm installed all the time A shuts down the switch fully.

Reactions: proffk

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well, my test proves otherwise.
maybe I did it wrong?

A button (power off) returned into RCM as the phone sent the payload automatically.
I plugged the phone before shutting down to be sure the USB-C weren't use as "power on" command when plugging the phone after shutdown. as a proof, the phone didn't power ON the switch a second time after proper full shutdown initiated by hekate.

if libnx uses a wrapper over official shutdown command, it's supposed to work the same way than official shutdown command (reboot to rcm, for bootloader to manage the shutdown)

Last edited by Cyan,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
well, my test proves otherwise.
maybe I did it wrong?

A button (power off) returned into RCM as the phone sent the payload automatically.
I plugged the phone before shutting down to be sure the USB-C weren't use as "power on" command when plugging the phone after shutdown. as a proof, the phone didn't power ON the switch a second time after proper full shutdown initiated by hekate.

if libnx uses a wrapper over official shutdown command, it's supposed to work the same way than official shutdown command (reboot to rcm, for bootloader to manage the shutdown)
It’s doing that for me I press A it shuts down but I have to press the power button again to boot the switch up it won’t boot up fully by just putting the dongle in. If I press B to reboot I can put the dongle in asap and it will boot up I’ve got auto rcm installed and joy con modded. That’s what I am getting my end? What are you doing? I have noticed the hekate splash screen shows up but it won’t go into hekate or do anything else without pressing the power button before hand.

Edit @Cyan your right it just booted up hmm strange that’s the first time it’s done it for me wasn’t doing it before? How odd..

Last night I used it several times but I had to use the power button to boot the nsw up fully.

Last edited by Reecey,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried again with v0.2
pressed A, it seems it's shut down, but 5 second later NXLoader triggered the payload because it detected RCM.
then hekate payload is sent and console really fully shutdown thanks to hekate auto power off setting.

once in that state, NXLoader doesn't detect RCM anymore, even past 5 seconds, so to me it's now properly shutdown.
Like I said, if it was a phone usb port powering the console, it would do it again, and again...

to me, it means the power off command is not shutting down the console (it doesn't care if you have AutoRCM or not, it's doesn't work differently based on your boot0 corruption!), it just reboots with argument to shutdown passed for (official or custom) payload to read it.
But maybe it's only me? I guess more users tested ReiToolbox before me and would have reported it if it didn't work. (all 3 tools are using the same shutdown command)

is the "shutting down..." text pixel art when pressing A button part of the console, or part of the homebrew? It's not in the sources!

Last edited by Cyan,

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It is only german Forum

Tryed to register there, but got banned for no reason. lol

Is there a way to take out that my weird ban?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried again with v0.2
pressed A, it seems it's shut down, but 5 second later NXLoader triggered the payload because it detected RCM.
then hekate payload is sent and console really fully shutdown thanks to hekate auto power off setting.

once in that state, NXLoader doesn't detect RCM anymore, even past 5 seconds, so to me it's properly shutdown now.
Like I said, if it was a phone usb port powering the console, it would do it again, and again..

to me, it means the power off command is not shutting down the console if you use AutoRCM. But maybe it's only me? I guess more users tested ReiToolbox before me and would have reported it if it didn't work. (all 3 tools are using the same shutdown command)

is the "shutting down..." text pixel art when pressing A button part of the console, or part of the homebrew? It's not in the sources!
Got it @Cyan sorted when you use power toolsnx to shutdown with A leave your dongle in the port it shuts down fully then! You then need to press the power button to boot back up. Try it mate? I’m not sure what you use I’m using sx gear dongle but yes it works shuts down fully this way.

Last edited by Reecey,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's how I did my tests so far, except I don't have a non powered dongle, only my phone.

but my comment is still valid : there's only one power off command, it doesn't use a different method based on your boot0 state. whether you have AutoRCM or not, it just reboots the console with argument. then up to the bootloader to shutdown the console.

boot0 is not responsible for shutting down the console, is it? I always thought it was the bootloader.
if the homebrew (or official shutdown option in the OS) was really used to shutdown the console and not reboot, then whether you had a corrupted boot0 or not would have no effect on the shutdown process, the console would just shutdown.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F