C0nvert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
I wanted to know if someone is already working on a Tsukihime Remake Translation or if someone is willing to provide me a link to where I can start, so I can doing it myself.

The whole idea is to start with a Machine Translation (DeepL) wich isn't that bad as you can see on different YouTube Videos and then maybe using the old Translation of the VN from 2000.

Therefore I have some questions:

1. I read a thread started by @masagrator on how to extract game files from nsp.
Is it still they way to go?

2. Where can I read more about how the exact process of interchanging Japanese to English Strings is working ?

3. Patches are provided through romfs.
I could find exactly what romfs is.
Is it an executable for switch, or more of an container holding different kind of resources?

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The whole idea is to start with a Machine Translation (DeepL) wich isn't that bad as you can see on different YouTube Videos and then maybe using the old Translation of the VN from 2000.
Said noone that knows Japanese.
And many English translations of VNs from XX century and early XXI plainly suck (I was planning to port English official translation of Desire from Sega Saturn to remastered version, but it sucked so badly that I dropped it).

Hollow Moon said that they will be translating remake after finishing Mahoyo translation.

Reactions: C0nvert

C0nvert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Said noone that knows Japanese.
And many English translations of VNs from XX century and early XXI plainly suck (I was planning to port English official translation of Desire from Sega Saturn to remastered version, but it sucked so badly that I dropped it).

Hollow Moon said that they will be translating remake after finishing Mahoyo translation.
Thanks for the Info!!

Could you elaborate on how exactly the Patches got applied in general?
I just want to understand the procedere and what romfs is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc