[REQ] Dropbox-esque solution to getting files on the internal SD

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by tipsytoto, Jul 31, 2015.

1. tipsytoto
    OP

tipsytoto GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    United States
    I know FBI has a means of installing CIAs over the network, but it would be awesome if we had some way to network files onto the N3DS' internal SD card without popping the back cover off. Anyways, thanks too all your devs out there who make all this possible. I'm hoping one of you is as lazy as me or lost their screwdriver and has been popping off that back cover with a long pinky fingernail...

2. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
  3. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    ^ that's the quickest way if you can use it (the app can be installed on old3ds too, but it doesn't play nice with operating systems besides windows). There's also homebrew ftp servers for 3ds, ftpony and ftbrony - ftbrony works best for me, ymmv.

tipsytoto likes this.
  4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    Scarlet likes this.
  5. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    I will be working on something like that for 3dsx files later this year. It will be called TestFlight. Picture a better FTBRONY with a nicer none bony interface. It will work through a native app on windows first then eventually OS X and Linux. All you'll have to do is drag the 3dsx into one of these folders

Betas
    Alphas
    Public Demos
    Initial Release

Then on the 3ds you will go to that folder click on the 3dsx icon tap install/uninstall incase it doesn't work.

Last edited by BurningDesire, Jul 31, 2015