Hardware Replacing the 2ds top screen lens.

sweetrose88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have a nintendo 2ds that ive had for quite a while. Recently i noticed the corners of the Screen lens that covers over top of the LCD were lifting up. And the other day the entire lens just about fell off. Ive looked all over and ive found plenty of guides to repair the LCD but there is no issue with the. My main problem here is. The Glue that holds down this Lens is worn and is no longer holding the lens down anymore. I cant find anyone that sells anything used to hold it down and i dont want to use super glue should i need to replace the lens again in the future. Does anyone have any experience with something like this where they could suggest some sort of glue that i could use for this repair? anything help would be greatly appreciated.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have a nintendo 2ds that ive had for quite a while. Recently i noticed the corners of the Screen lens that covers over top of the LCD were lifting up. And the other day the entire lens just about fell off. Ive looked all over and ive found plenty of guides to repair the LCD but there is no issue with the. My main problem here is. The Glue that holds down this Lens is worn and is no longer holding the lens down anymore. I cant find anyone that sells anything used to hold it down and i dont want to use super glue should i need to replace the lens again in the future. Does anyone have any experience with something like this where they could suggest some sort of glue that i could use for this repair? anything help would be greatly appreciated.
Loca is a good sealant and there is different kinds ones that harden fully and ones that cure to a gel that can be removed later

sweetrose88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loca is a good sealant and there is different kinds ones that harden fully and ones that cure to a gel that can be removed later

You wouldnt happen to know which one of the Loca's cures to a gel by chance? im a bit new to all of it and ive read through all of them and i find that im still quite confused.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo uses special double-sided sticky tape to hold the screen lens in place, you won't be able to get something like that unless you work in system repair services
Oh that reminds me there is 3M tape I have for that exact purpose came with my Gba backlit kit I have a shit load of it

Last edited by Shadow#1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0