PS1/2 Replacing DS2 Controller Joystick

Bowl0l

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The DS2 controller that came with my console recently is stiff but it is still accurate.
What should be my next step?
Replace the analog stick? If yes, can we use the DS3 joysticks?

Is my controller an imitation product because the product label is printed on the controller body instead of being a sticker?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it’s an original. I don’t recall ever seeing stickers. You should take it apart and clean the buttons and pads with warm soapy water and a toothbrush. I recently cleaned mine and the controller feels great.

Reactions: Bowl0l

Bowl0l

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sounds like it’s an original. I don’t recall ever seeing stickers. You should take it apart and clean the buttons and pads with warm soapy water and a toothbrush. I recently cleaned mine and the controller feels great.
i think it's probably a fake because the screws have drill points. DS2 is labeled as SCPH-10010. i applied WD-40 but the left analog is still stiff. Also noticed that the rumble didn't work (Tested by using padtest.elf, D-Pad Up + Triangle).

Finally cave in and bought a broken fat PS2 for $25.
Came with 2 memory card and 2 DS2 controller. Only 1 controller and the PS2 is broken (no LED will switch on).

PS1 fuse on main board is broken after check with multimeter.

Last edited by Bowl0l,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt