Removing the hacks associated with A/O Creator

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cooldasher, Feb 9, 2017.

1. cooldasher
    OP

cooldasher Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2017
    United States
    Hey everyone,

I just bought a used New 3DS XL off of craigslist, and the previous owner used A/O Creator to add Pokemon to Pokemon X. She says she never got online at all, and she doesn't seem to really have used the system much, so I believe that the system hasn't been banned or anything. However, I intend to install A9loader and use Luma, but I want to make sure I'm starting from a clean system. I believe that A/O Creator uses menuhax and browserhax to get into the home brew launcher, but I'm not entirely sure if anything permanent is installed to sysnand that I need to get rid of.

Is uninstalling the hacks used as simple as just deleting everything on the SD card? Or do I need to do something else to make sure it's back to stock before going through the guide for A9loader and Luma.

Thanks!

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Don't worry, AO Creator uses an old spider exploit in the browser, it doesn't install anything to the Nand, only loading files from the sd card, you have 0 worries

3. Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    Do you want to keep anything?

If you have nothing you want to keep, then just format that card. Makes things more simple for the guide.

Last edited by Skyshadow101, Feb 9, 2017
  4. cooldasher
    OP

cooldasher Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2017
    United States
    The video on the AO Creator website showed the 3ds booting to HBL by holding down the L button at start up. How does it do that without installing anything?

I don't care to keep anything, so I'll just format the SD card, but I don't want to leave anything behind either.

Thanks for your help!

5. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    well yeah just format the sd card and youll be fine.

6. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    As easy as formating the system, and deleting the card. and voila! start from scratch on the 3ds.guide and you will be fine.

proflayton123 likes this.