Removing 3DS's top screen possible?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ErdeFB, Jan 29, 2014.

1. ErdeFB
    OP

ErdeFB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2013
    Finland
    Hello

Has anyone ever tried to remove it? Or knows how? I have heard that if you disconnect the top screen
    the whole system stops responding. I'm no electrician so I have no idea how I'd circumvent this.

Why would I want to do this you ask? I have soldered on a screen capture device on my system
    (yes I can solder without knowing that much how electric devices operate :lol: ).

I want to be able to output the top screen out directly and just have the bottom half for the necessary
    touch controls.

Eventually I will order a custom case to be manufactured and put some extra goodies in, but for now
    I need to find out how to get that top screen off safely.

Any ideas/tips?

2. Ashen12345

Ashen12345 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2013
    United States
  3. ErdeFB
    OP

ErdeFB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2013
    Finland
  4. rip-it-up

rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2009
    manchester
    try disconnectig the top screen ribbon cable and the 2 cables which enter the speaker flex. but make sure you connect the speaker flex to the 3ds

5. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's possible but entirely pointless - I never quite understood the point of removing an essential part of the system. At least you have a capture device connected - that way you can still properly play the games. ;)