Hardware Remove modification of 3DS in internal memory

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I have a problem, I accidentally put the modification to the 3DS in the internal memory for the reasons of the SD that I solved, but now I don't need it anymore and I would like to remove it, it is possible, if you can Send me a tutorial on how to do it?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I installed it in order to use luma without SD
Why do you need to remove it? You can also remove it using GM9 by simply going into the CTRNand and deleting the boot.firm from it

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was wrong I meant that if you only remove it in the internal memory the change
Again: What do you want to accomplish? What is the problem? Does anything not work?
Having latest boot.firm on CTRNAND is a good idea. If the SD corrupts or dies your console will not start without the copy on CTRNAND. If the SD reader fails it demotes the console to a paperweight.

If you mean another modification on the NAND, please describe it a little further.

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No I would just like to remove the change in the internal memory and in the SD I want to leave it, so can you send me a tutorial on how to do it please

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why do you need to remove it? You can also remove it using GM9 by simply going into the CTRNand and deleting the boot.firm from it
The CTRNAND is the internal memory of the 3DS right?, If you remove boot.firm from the ctrnand how risky it is and if I remove it, the modification will always have it in the SD right?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The CTRNAND is the internal memory of the 3DS right?, If you remove boot.firm from the ctrnand how risky it is and if I remove it, the modification will always have it in the SD right?
  • Yes (well, CTRNAND is a partition of the internal memory, tbh... The internal memory is a NAND flash type one).
  • If you only remove that particular file from CTRNAND root there's no risk at all. But, again, what's the purpose on make it? What do you expect or get to win with that?
  • Yes, the B9S hack/mod remains and boot.firm file on SD root must be always needed in order to boot the console. No problem with that.

Last edited by fmkid,

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay I tell you, the fact is that if you were to brik the sd also the 3ds breaks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay anyway I took it off and all right luckily

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay I tell you, the fact is that if you were to brik the sd also the 3ds breaks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay anyway I took it off and all right luckily
If the sd card fails to work. the 3ds wont boot. That is correct. But having the boot.firm on the ctrnand and having that happen will let the console boot. If not. your console will flash a blue lighr for a second or two. then power down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.