Homebrew [Release] GenHax - Monster Hunter Generations secondary exploit

thunderjackl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the nice thing is that the only functionality you lose is the ability to post DLC event or challenge quests. But you can still join them if another player posts it :)

For instance, if you want to update but your current *hax is broken on the newest version. Or if you can borrow a primary exploit game from a friend, install a secondary and then return your friend's game.
oh i thought it would delete my save like the super pokemon mystery dungeon hax

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i thought it would delete my save like the super pokemon mystery dungeon hax
Nope, it doesn't hurt your save file at all. It just inserts a custom DLC quest with the exploit in it. And you can easily uninstall it just by going to the "Download" section in the game and re-downloading the first event/challenge quest.

Disharmony16

~DooM-BringeR~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, i can update to 11.2 to play online games without the use of ctrhttpwn also that i don't see any updates to downgrade from 11.0 without the currently exploit (Dsi and hardmod), thanks a lot for this :D

thunderjackl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it doesn't hurt your save file at all. It just inserts a custom DLC quest with the exploit in it. And you can easily uninstall it just by going to the "Download" section in the game and re-downloading the first event/challenge quest.
cool i wish i could use it lol. its always nice to see new haxs

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Finally, i can update to 11.2 to play online games without the use of ctrhttpwn also that i don't see any updates to downgrade from 11.0 without the currently exploit (Dsi and hardmod), thanks a lot for this :D
I believe you will be able to downgrade 11.0 and 11.1 soon when a kernel exploit releases. I advise you don't update yet.

Disharmony16

~DooM-BringeR~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D'you mean why you won't be able to downgrade 11.2 soon and only 11.0 and 11.1?
I think it's because it was patched in 11.2. Ah well, you could always get a hardmod or find someone to perform DSiWareHax for you.

They said the same with 9.9 and 10.3..., but well going to wait like i did before.

Thanks and sorry for off-topic

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just released a new version. It includes an internal otherapp updater, which means with v2.0.0 installed you wont need to reinstall before doing a system update. Just hold the "R" button when triggering the exploit and you'll be able to select your system version and region.

This also means that it's now a primary(ish) exploit for the JPN version of the game. You'll still need someone with Homebrew or CFW to retrieve the DLC encryption key for you but then you can encrypt the exploit quest and use a proxy to add it to your save file without needing another exploit.

Boaz P

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I ask you some? I did see the exploit's scene "choose the firmware ver". Then I choose JAP 11.2.0.35, it wait 2 mins to show "An error occurred D8A0A049" It goes back to the Home menu. What did I mistake?

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask you some? I did see the exploit's scene "choose the firmware ver". Then I choose JAP 11.2.0.35, it wait 2 mins to show "An error occurred D8A0A049" It goes back to the Home menu. What did I mistake?
0xD8A0A049 = Module: HTTP (40) | Description: Connection failed (http) (73) | Summary: Invalid state (5) | Level: Permanent (27)
Looks like there was just a problem with your internet connection. Try selecting your system version again.

Last edited by moghedien,

Boaz P

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To install the exploit, download the latest version from the release page linked bellow, extract it to the root of your SD card and run it from the Homebrew Launcher.

***Also, when a new system version is released, you need to re-run the installer BEFORE doing the system update and select the NEW system version when asked.***

***As of genhax v2.0.0 you no longer need to re-install before doing a system update. Hold the "R" button when you trigger the exploit to start the internal updater. A screen should then display that will allow you to pick your system version and region.***

To run the exploit just go to the offline Hunters Hub and try posting an event quest or challenge quest, depending on which you selected when installing.

To uninstall the exploit, select the "Download" option in the game's main menu and re-download the first challenge or event quest (depending on which you selected while installing). Keep this in mind when using the "Download" option normally so that you don't accidentally uninstall the exploit.

There are some notable limitations for this exploit:
  • It only works on New 3DS systems. This is because game uses extended memory mode on Old 3DS systems.
  • It must be installed on the system you want to use it on. This is because the exploit uses the game's ExtData which is stored on the SD card, not the game cart.
  • You will no longer be able to post certain quests in the Hunters Hub. If you install the exploit as an event quest, you wont be able to post event quests. If you install the exploit as a challenge quest, you wont be able to post challenge quests. But you should still be able to join event/challenge quests that other players post.

Source code for the exploit can be found here:
https://github.com/svanheulen/genhax

Source code for the installer can be found here:
https://github.com/svanheulen/genhax_installer

A compiled version of the installer with the exploit files can be found here:
https://github.com/svanheulen/genhax_installer/releases

Special Thanks:
Kiranico, plutoo, yellows8, imanoob, AuroraWright, smealum, Gelex
~ everyone else that answered my random questions on #3dsdev and #Cakey

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

0xD8A0A049 = Module: HTTP (40) | Description: Connection failed (http) (73) | Summary: Invalid state (5) | Level: Permanent (27)
Looks like there was just a problem with your internet connection. Try selecting your system version again.

Thank you to reply my question. But I just choose it 11.2.0.35 JAP, it is not working? Where did I do mistake? Where is the problem? My MH Cross is Eshop version, may it is related with?

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to reply my question. But I just choose it 11.2.0.35 JAP, it is not working? Where did I do mistake? Where is the problem? My MH Cross is Eshop version, may it is related with?
The error means it was unable to connect to the website to download the "otherapp.bin". Press the "R" button again and select your system version again. Make sure you have a good internet connection.

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This still works with the new *hax payload that works with system version 11.3.0-36 but it makes a horrible noise when loading (I'm working on a fix).
There was also a new game update for the JPN version which will break GenHax until I can fix the ROP for that version. So if this is the only hax you have installed, don't update MHX JPN until I release the fix.

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it looks like they actually patched the exploit in v1.3.0 so I released a new version of genhax that works without any game updates installed. Install the new version of genhax and then uninstall the game update to get it working.
And I'm still looking into fixing the horrible noise it makes with the 11.3.0-36 *hax payload.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!