[Release] [Fork] Sunshell v0.6 JVF - CFW detection, notepad module, etc.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by JVF, Dec 26, 2016.

1. JVF
    OP

JVF Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    Hello everyone. Last weeks I had nothing to do (ironically of course) so I decided to make a few improvements to this fantastic discontinued homebrew adapting existent codes. So I thought: "Why don't share it with all GBATemp community"? So, as a Christmas present, there it is (I think there's people who still likes Sunshell):

Installing is like always, but you can directly copy the "3ds" folder, "config.sun" and "index.lua" to the SD card so the main directory will be fixed in "/3ds/data/Sunshell", but you can choose everywhere you want. Copy the files and folders in the specified location and then install the new .cia.

Changelog v0.6:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

General bugs found:

Screenshots:
    Rinnegatamante said here that an image editor and ARM9 payload launching are possible but I tried to implement them unsuccessfully.

I don't think I'll make a new version of this fork, but if there's something that you think you can help me to fix or add, or something that I made doesn't work (which is very possible), please tell me.

As always ENJOY!

PD: If anybody thinks about it, I'm not related to @Rinnegatamante in any way. I only tried to update Sunshell a little, and I did the best I can do, this is my first adventure in 3DS homebrew.

2. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    Cool although I don't Like Rinnegatamante Software.

Xiphiidae, Joel16 and Memoir like this.
  3. Yamathedestroyer
    This message by Yamathedestroyer has been removed from public view by Minox, Dec 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Dec 26, 2016
  4. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    It's not that I don't disagree with you, but why?

Cool, tho Sunshell is useless to me. This could make me use it again

5. einhuman197

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Rinnegatamantes homebrew is very unstable and buggy. I've tried several tools from him and the only stable one was chmm. The others had problems. Sunshell freezed when I chose a tool. Organize3d always crashed with randomly errors. Back to the time where bigredmenu was cool, it deleted the wrong cias in the nand when you deleted another system cia. There were several bricks because of this issue.
    The other aspect is that Rinnegatamante is too arrogant to me, he has immediately offended several people who started to develop homebrew (they only asked for help) and claimed that they cannot even make a hello World. This is very wretched to me and that's why I don't like him.

Sorry for my bad English if it doesn't fit, I'm native German.

Last edited by einhuman197, Dec 26, 2016
  6. JVF
    OP

JVF Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    -snip-
    Google Translate doesn't work, can you translate this, please?
    Thank you. If there's something I can do please tell me.
    I'm not pretending to defend him, but as far as I know if you have these bugs is because you didn't installed or used them correctly. With ORGANIZ3D maybe you're right (xD), but Sunshell normally doesn't freezes with entering a module. About all these other stuff, you should have your reasons, but as I'm saying, I'm not defending him, because I don't know everything of what he did.

VinLark likes this.
  7. einhuman197

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    I know him, he's a jerk just ignore him.

About Rinnegatamante: If you don't know what he did you are okay but I don't like him because I experienced his actions.

8. Yamathedestroyer
    This message by Yamathedestroyer has been removed from public view by Minox, Dec 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Dec 27, 2016
  9. JVF
    OP

JVF Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    Well, I think I can have an idea... Anyway, I hope you will enjoy my fork and if there is an issue, feel free to say that. ;)

PD: Thanks for all the likes!

Last edited by JVF, Dec 28, 2016
    einhuman197 likes this.
  10. VivreDNA

VivreDNA Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Indonesia
    Its just cool. just the flickering is anoying... ^^

11. TinchoX

TinchoX Azure Flame Kite

Apr 18, 2015
    Argentina
    Gave this app a try today, played some aif music I just converted but the music corrupts and outputs noise after the 20-30 second mark...
    Man did I really wanted a working lossless music player...