Mouse1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

if I have a release day switch with one of the original firmwares is there a reason not to upgrade to the newest firmware? Is there an recommended firmware? I know the switch is hackable regardless correct?

many recommendations?

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

if I have a release day switch with one of the original firmwares is there a reason not to upgrade to the newest firmware? Is there an recommended firmware? I know the switch is hackable regardless correct?

many recommendations?

The switch is hackable regardless, if its launch day doesn’t matter. I don’t know what he ^ is smoking(pun intended). Games and everything will run fine, no advantage not updating.
Edit
I think what smoker1 means is lower firmwares cant run games released for higher firmwares, which is true.
Their is no advantage to staying low, use fusee and keep updating.

Last edited by Basketto,
Reactions: Smoker1

Joxley192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dont update ofw (system) use hekate and make emummc then update the emummc ofw (emulated) so u will keep the day1 firmware on the switch and u will be able to play al games

Last edited by Joxley192,

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately, in order to run specific Games, you have to be on a specific FW, and CFW.
But its forced... most of the time, not because newer games needs something from newer games. Backported games, franken firmwares and firmware spoofing proves it...... its just that the protections/encryptions are good so we cant easily bypass it.

D

Deleted User

Is there a benefit to doing this? Is it safer to play games online like this?
If you want to play online games, you can do the next:
NEVER use CFW in your sysnand if you don't want to get ban
Instead, make an Emuland and use that for all the CFW and homebrew you want.
That way your sysnand is clean and you can play online games without ban risk
And also, if you want to play online games, you need the last version of the firmware in the sysnand
Some games requires certain firmware versions to work, so, I will suggest to have the Emunand to the last recommend version to avoid any problems

Navlida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

many recommendations?

It'll prevent efuses from being blown allowing the switch to be able to boot 1.0.0 without a payload.

Any time the switch is updated, and subsequently booted without a payload, Nintendo's bootloader will perform a process which will make permanent hardware changes (efuse blowing) if a lower number of fuses are blown compared to what that version of their firmware is expecting. Booting the switch with any modern payload will not perform this check and will not blow efuses.

As some others have said already, I recommend using hekate to create an emummc (AKA emunand) environment, as well as a separate emmc backup (Which everyone in the switch hacking scene should have, but far too many don't

Mouse1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make emunand the default when booting up the console? Is there a guide on this? Has anyone gotten banned using this method?

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use PegaScape or ChoiDujourNX on switch and use emmc on sd card your switch will stay at 1.0.0 and sd card will be anywhere u want up to 10.2.0 firmware

D

Deleted User

Is it possible to make emunand the default when booting up the console? Is there a guide on this? Has anyone gotten banned using this method?
https://switch.homebrew.guide/
Its possible to make the Switch go into Emunand automatically while launching hekate payload, but not if you normally boot the console.
I don't know if somebody got banned before, but the chances are really really low

Reactions: Navlida

Navlida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

You can configure hekate (and I believe fusee too) to automatically boot from emuemmc, but hekate/fusee will need to be injected via the RCM exploit every time the system has been fully powered down (i.e. not from in sleep mode).

Mouse1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I’m actually on 2.3.

Id want to make sure the switch is not accidentally updated. I guess there is no way to protect against this from games updating switch?

I guess if it goes to sleep it’ll stay on emunand and if it’s a full reboot, hekate has to be relaunched?

Last edited by Mouse1,
D

Deleted User

I think I’m actually on 2.3.

Id want to make sure the switch is not accidentally updated. I guess there is no way to protect against this from games updating switch?

I guess if it goes to sleep it’ll stay on emunand and if it’s a full reboot, hekate has to be relaunched?

The Switch just update if you want to update it. The problem is that if it has download the update, you can press the button by accident. You can always use DNS like 90DNS to block Nintendo servers from reaching the Switch so it doesn't download the updates. (If you don't want to use the Eshop or Online too ofc)

Yes, it will stay in Emunand, and every time you turn off the console you need to relaunched hekate if you want to use Emunand

Last edited by ,

Mouse1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When games that require an update to run are launched, they have the patch on the game don’t they? They don’t have to go online.

mid like to stay away from updating but am scared someone updates it by accident through a game

D

Deleted User

When games that require an update to run are launched, they have the patch on the game don’t they? They don’t have to go online.

mid like to stay away from updating but am scared someone updates it by accident through a game
Playing games will never update your firmware version, even if you are in a lower one, atmosphere has to patch to avoid needing that version

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if switch tell you that update is ready - don't update - make sure your on airplane mode before you shut off - hold all vol -/+ and power on until logo come on let the power go continue hold vol -/+ til screen come on. do nothing then turn off and power on see if your switch update disappear

Mouse1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I played Mario kart in airplane mode it forced me to do an update to 2.3..isent the pitch stored on the games sometimes?

D

Deleted User

When I played Mario kart in airplane mode it forced me to do an update to 2.3..isent the pitch stored on the games sometimes?
Ohh, I know what you mean
The game doesn't automatically updates your console, but still requires that firmware
If you want to continue using newer games you bought on sysnand, you will need to update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet...