Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, i can't seem to get Cakes to launch via Spider on my O3DS v9.2. Rxtools and Gateway launcher work fine though.
Clear cache & try again. If that doesn't help, use QR, it's way more stable. If that still doesn't help, post the release number.

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Clear cache & try again. If that doesn't help, use QR, it's way more stable. If that still doesn't help, post the release number.

Yup, i did clear cache and tried a few times. In between the failed attempts, i also tested rxtools and gateway launcher which launched fine. QR code was used and i also bookmarked it down. I can see the message "cakes.dat" loading on my browser then it just crashes back to home menu with error. I've tried both the "46" and "50" builds and got the same problem. Maybe i'll find time to see if "26" works.

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Strange. I don't have a 9.2 on hand right now to test but I don't think there's any change that could break spider 9.2.

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new Ninjhax launching method doesn't work from my 4.5, (although it's worth mentioning that I am booting CN .cia from the 4.5 mset version of Pasta, which does successfully launch other flavors of CFW from Ninjhax, as well as the newest CitrAGB, btw) but the same Cakes setup will work perfectly when launched from spider.

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The new Ninjhax launching method doesn't work from my 4.5, (although it's worth mentioning that I am booting CN .cia from the 4.5 mset version of Pasta, which does successfully launch other flavors of CFW from Ninjhax, as well as the newest CitrAGB, btw) but the same Cakes setup will work perfectly when launched from spider.

@mid-kid tested brahma launching with 4.5 firmcept (similar to 4.5 mset Pasta) and it worked (he was the one doing the Brahma port). I can't remember if we have a successful boot with 4.5 mset Pasta + CN.cia.

A600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How complete/stable is the dhs branch? I compiled it and could install a cia over the network without problems :)

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That may not be enough for you. You may also want to know their Browser Version.
Since Game Card might not completely update the whole system, especially its browser.
You could figure out the browser version using FBI, or even from dumped .TMD files.
Sometimes it just fall cause the wrong Browser version.
>> So not as good as mset ones. Orz. May even be worse than OoT or Ninja ones.

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Strange. I don't have a 9.2 on hand right now to test but I don't think there's any change that could break spider 9.2.

It's ok now. I've update my 3DS with a game cart. Apparently, a full upgrade using sysupdater did the trick. It's funny though that rxtools and gateway worked. Sorry for the false alarm.

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
How complete/stable is the dhs branch? I compiled it and could install a cia over the network without problems :)

dhs is pretty unstable tbh. It works but there are a couple of commands that could crash the whole system (those that uses svcBackdoor especially) depending on luck :P.

It's ok now. I've update my 3DS with a game cart. Apparently, a full upgrade using sysupdater did the trick. It's funny though that rxtools and gateway worked. Sorry for the false alarm.

No prob. It's still strange that cart updated system fails to work. CakeHax doesn't depend on a specific entry point being on a specific firm version at all. I still have to look into this.

Reactions: A600

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Excellent release guys. The latest revision works great :D

@mid-kid: Enjoy your vacation. I find it funny that you have no idea if you are going for 4 week or 6 though.. Don't you plan these things? :P

will67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tried mset 9.xx with ds flashcard and with code.bin for Cakes and rxtools, Both works on 2ds after mset downgrade.

PS: After downgrade, don't format your sysnand or you will have an "half" brick

Last edited by will67,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried mset 9.xx with ds flashcard and with code.bin for Cakes and rxtools, Both works on 2ds after mset downgrade.

PS: After downgrade, don't format your sysnand or you will have an "half" brick
If I have a need to format the sysnand, what should I do? How to re-upgrade mset so I can format my sysnand without any kind of brick? Thanks

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If I have a need to format the sysnand, what should I do? How to re-upgrade mset so I can format my sysnand without any kind of brick? Thanks

We now have mset 6.x support for 2DS users. I haven't tried all versions yet but it works on firmware 9.0 and 6.1. Are you willing to give it a try?

A600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Download the correct mset as a CIA for your sysnand version with 3DNUS and install it with FBI. Here you can find all the versions.

If your region is USA, it should be:

0004001000021000 and the version you need.

I have a mset40.cia and a mset72.cia on the SD to downgrade or update my 7.2 2DS anytime I want.

Last edited by A600,
Reactions: Syphurith

gl1mml1ng

Trophies
Website
tuetenmensch.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We now have mset 6.x support for 2DS users. I haven't tried all versions yet but it works on firmware 9.0 and 6.1. Are you willing to give it a try?
I tried it on my 2DS, but I get get an error message and reboot, when I launch the DS Profile Settings.
I downgraded my sysnands (9.2) mset to 6.0.x and then launched the CakesROP.nds with my flashcard and 6.x ropCustom.txt (rxTools.dat). Both writing and veryfiying was successfuly. I didn't tried mset 4 yet because of the risk of bricking with 2DS devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1