Hacking [Release]BootNTR Selector

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my plugins folder is in root. @Nanquitas hun I want to ask ya is there a way to set this where everything in path is on root?? that's whre everything is to start with. nothing in 3ds folder named ntr. so lmk how to fix tis up ok?? ty in advance

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you can too, just select custom path and save.

The defaults paths in the custom mode are the root of the SD.
well how do I get back to that menu?? should I uninstall and reinstall?? I did get rid of the ntr.bin files on the root. of course this was after I finished copying the 3.2 bin file to the ntr folder in the 3ds folder on my card. its set to default btw. seems to not be freezing my game now. I was having difficulty with even 3.4 for a bit there. the selector was saying it couldn't find the files. which I thought was weird. this was upon installing the new version btw. I think that pretty much covrs everything I was going to say. great lil menu btw. and so so fast. it didn't even seem to mind me having the most of the game icons loaded before I booted into it either which is nice. well now ive said everything lol. sorry to be long winded hun.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to change the configuration, press Select while the app is loading and keep it pressed until you got the background rendered.

The .bin files are automatically sets by the app. They are packed into the cia and will be copied on the right place on the sd card.
You don't need to worry about that anymore.

The version 3.2 will always stays on the root as "ntr.bin". It's the only version that can't be moved.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to change the configuration, press Select while the app is loading and keep it pressed until you got the background rendered.

The .bin files are automatically sets by the app. They are packed into the cia and will be copied on the right place on the sd card.
You don't need to worry about that anymore.

The version 3.2 will always stays on the root as "ntr.bin". It's the only version that can't be moved.
I see. tyvm for that information

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just switched from default BootNTR to Selector and I notice that when launching it 3.2 is automatically selected. Can this be prevented or changed? I have a new3DS and my preference goes to 3.4, both due to streaming & due to custom path.

(I was thinking of just swapping out the ntr.bin on root with a 3.4 one but I figured I'd first ask if it's not already possible to change the default)

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just select 3.4 on the selection screen.

After one successful loading, the last selected version becomes the default one.
Also changing the ntr.bin doesn't change anything except that you won't be able to load 3.2 anymore. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can stop the timer by pressing any key during the countdown btw.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just select 3.4 on the selection screen.

After one successful loading, the last selected version becomes the default one.
Also changing the ntr.bin doesn't change anything except that you won't be able to load 3.2 anymore. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can stop the timer by pressing any key during the countdown btw.
Ah ok thanks!

IngeniousDefault

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My tester tried it with his N3DS and it worked like a charm right away.

No needs to edit anything. :/

Seems to be your system only.
Try to uninstall it and reinstall.

Well I let the Selector generate the files and now it works. But those ntr files are modified. I ran a MD5 check.

ntr.PNG

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yup, I trick the check for the debug.flag file's check so doesn't need it anymore.

The patcher change the different path and the Selector allows to launch NTR in dump mode with L + R + UP + X, it'll dump the kernel, FS, SM, PM and Homemenu.

IngeniousDefault

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yup, I trick the check for the debug.flag file's check so doesn't need it anymore.

The patcher change the different path and the Selector allows to launch NTR in dump mode with L + R + UP + X, it'll dump the kernel, FS, SM, PM and Homemenu.

What exactly is the dump mode? Is it dangerous to activate it or is it just a list with details about the OS? And when do I have the press the buttons? After I launched NTR CFW?

Last edited by IngeniousDefault,

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not dangerous, it'll just create the files with the data of each process.
It's for study and helping with the update support.

You stop the timer and press the buttons if you want to use it.
It's after the updater but before NTR is launched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyY0Z_U09mk