Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how the fuck am I supposed to download a demo from the eshop if I can't boot into emunand?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
But that's just the guide. He said he was working on a method of getting it to work every time.

I'm assuming that's his latest revision of his method.

So how the fuck am I supposed to download a demo from the eshop if I can't boot into emunand?

Unless the CFW system thingy runs as long as you've downloaded a game before,
chances are you won't be able to use this.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
slightly off-topic:

Given the fact that users are going to use this CFW,
even when it doesn't exactly reap that much benefits,
even when it's buggy as fuck and what not,

means I'm expecting to see tons of bricks or semi-bricks or mayhem and posts regarding
"why it doesn't work" or "why can't it work" or "why can't people fix this" etc.

I mean, even when GW was slowly becoming stable, such threads managed to persist and exist.
AND worse of all, there was eventual documentation and guides about things not to do,
and people still managed to fuck those up.

Imagine now. Sigh.
FW 4.5 is going to become a shiny breed soon..

My advise is if you have a working GW, don't use this.
DEVs and modders probably have the tools to fix their 3DS if anything goes wrong.
Common folk probably don't.

Not worth the risk.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
see if you can get 4.x to download one of thos "fake" apps via spotpass (the ones that appear as a present and then say go to eshop to install.........i have no idea if this will actually work, but worth a shot i suppose

Reactions: Queno138

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
eshop only runs on latest Firmware.
(if you gonna update your firmware, make sure it's on emunand)

the CFW is buggy, doesn't work correctly every time or something like that.
yeah i think this is the "no gateway" users....in which case no way to get something from eshop....be ironic if it was locked down pretty much to only gateway users and people who installed apps when 4.x was a thing

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
yeah i think this is the "no gateway" users....in which case no way to get something from eshop....be ironic if it was locked down pretty much to only gateway users and people who installed apps when 4.x was a thing

I've been thinking about it:
Most games can be downloaded for GW users, and BBB dumped some a lot of eshop games in .3DS

So far, the only use for the CFW is for users to use DEVmenu to install .cia

So best case scenario is that GW users have 2 SD cards,
one for GW games and it's launcher,
and another one for being cheapskate and not wanting to buy the remaining content? XD
(and that's if they didn't brick themselves during the process, and also if it doesn't effect content on the SD cards itself in any way?)

it seems to be locked to only GW for now,
since MT doesn't support higher FW yet.

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about it:
Most games can be downloaded for GW users, and BBB dumped some a lot of eshop games in .3DS

So far, the only use for the CFW is for users to use DEVmenu to install .cia

So best case scenario is that GW users have 2 SD cards,
one for GW games and it's launcher,
and another one for being cheapskate and not wanting to buy the remaining content? XD
(and that's if they didn't brick themselves during the process, and also if it doesn't effect content on the SD cards itself in any way?)

it seems to be locked to only GW for now,
since MT doesn't support higher FW yet.

If the problem is the users need eshop data downloaded on their sd card can't they just copy the data there instead of having to update emunand and download from eshop? If you're only going to use 4.5 emunand what difference does it make if the titles work or not?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If the problem is the users need eshop data downloaded on their sd card can't they just copy the data there instead of having to update emunand and download from eshop? If you're only going to use 4.5 emunand what difference does it make if the titles work or not?

because iirc, when eshop downloads stuff, besides downloading the main content into the sd,
it also leaves data in the nand for verification.

Like how programs might leave data in our computers registry.
That's one reason why we can't copy and share games off our SD card.
(another reason being the data on our SD is encrypted of sorts)

I personally don't know if the devmenu thingy requires the app to be working,
or if it checks against the nand,
but I imagine it does so, in order to get encryption key or something or anything,
in order to replicate and download other .cia onto the 3DS,
else it would not have been a 'required step'.

Anyone with better knowledge, feel free to correct me.

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because iirc, when eshop downloads stuff, besides downloading the main content into the sd,
it also leaves data in the nand for verification.

But I don't think apps downloaded in emunand do anything with the sysnand, because they get erased from the sd if you open data management in sysnand.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
But I don't think apps downloaded in emunand do anything with the sysnand, because they get erased from the sd if you open data management in sysnand.

Yeah, but the devmenu works on the CFW emunand right?

Hence, still need data trail.

Then again, GW's emunand has never been 100% perfect IMO.

Whenever I delete data connections on my one of my nands, the other one is affected.
Is usually one way, and I don't remember which one affects which, but that happens.

Also, shifting the location of my apps in my emunand causes my apps in my sysnand to shift also.
Or something.
Gosh, I can't remember the phenomenon since I've standardized my stuff a long time ago.

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found this.
You should see a gift box on your 3DS' main screen. If not then you might need to download something from the eShop. Which requires you to be on the latest emuNAND, connect to the eShop, download a demo, and then reinjecting your modified NAND.bin file into the SD card. (I had a backup of my SD card with demos from the eShop so I just copied that over to the SD card.)
So it looks like backups do work if you have them.

Reactions: Queno138
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?