ROM Hack [Release] 3DS Builder

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way on how to build a .3ds that is an update and then convert it later to a cia? Last time I tried, it would not allow me to change CTR-P-AXCE to CTR-U-AXCE so when I tried to install the edited update file, it installed it as a game.

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way on how to build a .3ds that is an update and then convert it later to a cia? Last time I tried, it would not allow me to change CTR-P-AXCE to CTR-U-AXCE so when I tried to install the edited update file, it installed it as a game.

Update .3DS files cannot be created -- that doesn't really make sense.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update .3DS files cannot be created -- that doesn't really make sense.
Also, I believe it is just the serial that needs to change for this to work. On the OP, it says it has U as an option, but it will not allow me to use it.

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I believe it is just the serial that needs to change for this to work. On the OP, it says it has U as an option, but it will not allow me to use it.

If you think the only difference between a game and an update is the serial code that is not used by anything, you are very sorely mistaken.

Also, I just checked -- you totally can use -U- in the serial: https://github.com/SciresM/3DS-Builder/blob/master/3DS Builder/CTR_ROM.cs#L293
6qy39xo.png

So, yeah, it's not even a real bug.

Last edited by SciresM,

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
Is there any way to include a modified rom update partition? I searched for some sites but not see anything, but sky3ds+ not boot games without this partition, apart from that I have also seen that the partition ExHeader is quite empty compared to the original cartridge. I would appreciate any information that could solve this.

Last edited by Ninoh-FOX,

Ironclad17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some encryption issues with Citra. Rebuilding decrypted .3ds for Citra somehow ends with critical errors even with no file changes:
Code:
[ 17.018879] Loader <Error> core\loader\ncch.cpp:Loader: :AppLoader_NCCH: :LoadExeFS:273: ExHeader Program ID mismatch: the ROM is probably encrypted.
[ 17.019904] Frontend <Critical> citra_qt\main.cpp:GMainWindow: : LoadROM:266: Failed to load ROM!

Sorry for bothering you guys while I troubleshoot this. I think the problem lies further upstream from when the Rom is first decrypted. I noticed the tool/guide I used unpacked part of the code.bin outside the exefs directory, but never mentions repacking them. 3DS Builder doesn't know those files are missing.

Last edited by Ironclad17,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk