ReiNX 2.4 released

ReiNX 2.4 has been released and, thanks to this new update, @Reisyukaku and @EliseZeroTwo 's Switch custom firmware is now able to boot under OFW 8.1.0! Not much else has been added from the previous version but, if you're interested in DeltaLaunch, you'll be happy to know this update retains full compatibility with it. On a last note, @EliseZeroTwo, who should be credited for coding the changes made for this version, said that the next release will be "a big one", with emuMMC support planned alongside other features.

The full official changelog is as follows:
Changelog said:
  • 8.1 support
  • Added stabilityTM

If you're having trouble booting ReiNX, try to do a clean installation instead of overwriting the files on your microSD.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBAtemp thread

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone please confirm me if the Reinx 0.0 showing is a bug?

Yes, this is a known bug.

I'm not too sure. I got atmosphere to work, but ReiNX shows 0.0 for me and I can't load the homebrew menu. So I have no idea if I did something wrong again or its not working correctly with switch update 8.1.

With the new release you need to hold R when opening the homebrew menu. If that still won't work and you are on 8.1 use the 2.4 release I've linked in this thread

Nasby321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new release you need to hold R when opening the homebrew menu. If that still won't work and you are on 8.1 use the 2.4 release I've linked in this thread

Its the same button for Atmosphere. Every time I have used ReiNX the homebrew menu was always hit or miss in working for me.

natanqb

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So if its showing reinx 0.0 im safe to update my firmware, this is the first time i am gonna update my firmware after hacking, how do i do this?

Last edited by natanqb,

jigglypufffame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if its showing reinx 0.0 im safe to update my firmware, this is the first time i am gonna update my firmware after hacking, how do i do this?

Yes it is good to go but make sure you use choij to update in homebrew menu. It's safest method and easy, you can update to 8.1. Depending on the fw you are on before updating make sure all your home brew apps are updated after fw update finishes and if you used any tricks to play high firmware games on lower firmware updating may break the game and have to be reinstalled but it's not too difficult to do as well as all your saves will remain even if nsp does go corrupt

lukechamber

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello everyone..
I want to ask..i have update my reinx to 2.4 and success..
But when i opened album..the homebrew menu does not appear...i cannot install nsp files...
I read on reinx sites,its because my micro sd card is in exFAT32?
How to re enable homebrew menu again?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello everyone..
But when i opened album..the homebrew menu does not appear...i cannot install nsp files...
Oh sorry i forgot to hold press R button...hahaha...

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh sorry i forgot to hold press R button...hahaha...
Your microSD... is in exFAT32? Erm.... do you mean exFAT or FAT32? lol.

cowkiller04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Did you do a clean install of the ReiNX files?

Please help.. I copied the files and folders. But in checking the system it says my version is still 7.1 and Reinx (0.0) what did I do wrong? is there an "install" part I am missing? Cause I just copied the files like everyone said

cowkiller04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Did you do a clean install of the ReiNX files?
I copied all the files but version is still 7.0.1
JcyHpnr

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please help.. I copied the files and folders. But in checking the system it says my version is still 7.1 and Reinx (0.0) what did I do wrong? is there an "install" part I am missing? Cause I just copied the files like everyone said
I copied all the files but version is still 7.0.1
JcyHpnr

Depending on where you got the release 2.4 is bugged and says 0.0

To update to to 8.1 you choidujourNX and the firmware files. Ask in the discord for more help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4