Region Free Channels on SD Card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Anim8r Dude, Dec 23, 2010.

Dec 23, 2010
  1. Anim8r Dude
    OP

Newcomer Anim8r Dude Newbie

Canada
    Don't worry. My questions are pretty darn simple. Don't need to make a fuss about it. HOWEVER, it is no noob questions either. :l
    This question goes for those who are familiar with Priiloader Hacks or Gecko OS.

SO, as you guys may know, with the help of a few Priiloader hacks, you can just about region free everything on the Wii, from games to channels. SADLY, channels on the Wii system take up quite a lot of space so I had to move them to the SD Card. But what's inconvenient is that 4.2 Priiloader Region Free hacks don't (important number & word [​IMG] ) apply to the SD card channels. You guys would probably ask "Why don't you use a Region Free Channel SD Card Hack thing"? I would probably answer "I would. But there doesn't seem to be any". [​IMG]

SO HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

Does there actually exist a "Region Free SD Card Channel Hack"?
    Can Gecko OS boot games from the SD Card? (because I know Gecko never fails, but I don't know if it can load from there)
    OR would you guys recommend something else (something easier or more effective)?

Sorry. No prizes for answering my questions. Have fun. [​IMG]

2. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    The SD menu temporarily transfers back to the NAND when launching, so the hack does apply.

3. Anim8r Dude
    OP

Canada
    WELL, If that's the case, why do my Non-NTSC channels fail to launch? Would you recommend something else?

That was a BlAZinG fAsT reply there Muffinman. >_>

4. bazamuffin

United Kingdom
    Muffinman, lol. Are you getting an error message at all? Is your system menu IOS patched?

5. Anim8r Dude
    OP

Canada
    AND SO IT SEEMS that I never patched my System Menu whatsoever (or don't recall doing so). You see, I'm using Priiloader hacks that I can enable/disable anytime I want, while patches (that I just Googled up) makes permanent changes to the Wii.

To avoid dragging on this conversation any longer, I suppose I'll just finish it off by asking "Do you recommend patching your system menu with StartPatch and will it work"? :?

AND thanks everyone (or just Bazamuffin for not avoiding this topic [​IMG] )

6. bazamuffin

United Kingdom
    Sorry for the delay in repsonding, trying to shake a heavy bout of flu and a chest infection. Read here in the compete softmod guide

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/dop-ios

Scroll down for info on patching the system menu, and as usual read carefully and make sure you're clear before proceeding. Good luck dude