Reggie Fils-Aimé on NX "For us it's not about the specs"

When Reggie, the president of Nintendo of America, was asked yesterday about how he felt the NX stacks up against the new Xbox and Playstation consoles, he responded in an expected (but still disappointing) way.

Reggie said:
"You know for us, it’s not about specs, it’s not about teraflops, it’s not about the horsepower of a particular system. For us it’s about content. Nintendo is a content focused company. We create entertainment that makes people smile so for us, we’re focused on bringing our best entertainment to the Wii U as well as the NX in the future.

For us whatever Microsoft and Sony are doing in terms of talking about new systems, that’s for them to fight out in that red ocean. For us, we want to make sure we're bringing our best content forward and right now the reaction to Zelda has been more than we could have ever imagined."

I'm sure that we at the 'temp have a lot to say about this statement. Let us know your opinions below!

:arrow: Source: Bloomberg.com

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need to accept the fact his body has never been ready
Reggie's body is infinitely more ready than satoru iwata's ever was.

Reggie made the Wii relevant here. Save for titles like no more heroes and madworld, it wouldn't have made a dent here for anyone if they saw what finally would come out.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this is why i never gave this info it's own thread when i posted it
8vx0na.gif

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo simply doesn't get the fact that most of the mainstream audience (which Nintendo is focusing at) wants good looking games. They only talk about "Graphics" even though they don't know what they're talking about.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IMO, Nintendo should've included VR as the NX's main gimmick. Even if you don't like VR, you have to admit that a lot of people are hyped about it. Now imagine a console
with VR support straight out of the box. That shit would sell like crazy, especially by people who never tried out VR before.

Nintendo said that they didn't want to use VR until it's mainstream, but they used motion controllers with the Wii when it wasn't mainstream yet, and it sold really good!

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far i have every sony and nintendo console, and almost all the microsoft consoles (need an xbox one. Considering trading a hacked ps3 for one) and i can definitely say that nintendo consoles have always been my favorite. If i really cared for specs ill play pc. If i want the next shooter or story game ill play xbox or playstation. But if i want to have fun with friends or play the games that respond to my childhood, or just plain have fun, then its nintendo all the way.

Honestly ask yourself, if you care about specs, why would you play on a console?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

you people are dumb don't you see this is a company offering you high quality entertainment not graphic based but overall experience base high quality instead of giving you the same games the other developers make, Nintendo is a company looking for something new, they are not interested in making repetitive fps that all the other developers make
If graphics and power doesn't matter then Nintendo could have kept on using the Wii rather than releasing a new (commercial failure) console that is the Wii U right now.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are the games on the Wii U not good looking?
Why no, no they're not.... Nintendo are one of the best in the business at getting the most out of a piece of hardware: if they'd have made Mario Kart 8 for the PS4, well I rest my case...

He mentions the number of tflops, which is probably in reaction to MS's Scorpio announcement, therefore it's safe to assume the NX won't be trading blows with that machine (or the PS Neo), however it might still be able to compete with the current PS4/XO, which is what I'm expecting anyway, and since games have to stay backwardly compatible with vanilla PS4/XO this might not be that big of a deal anyway.

IF the NX is less powerful than the Xbox One though, then my God there's no hope for 'em....

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They look amazing, but they all just say "Ps4 has better graphics, The game is cooler and looks better than mario games etc." Trust me, everyone in my class is like this
Meh... the important thing really is the content, and regarding content PS4 is shit. Seriously, this generation sucks.
That said this "For us its not about the specs" is BS anyway. Hardware also matters, it is the base needed to provide the important content.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

what sells 3ds is smash, Mario kart, monster hunter, Zelda, kingdom hearts, donkey kong, mega man, street fighter, splinter cell, metal gear solid, all those games packed in one console sell the console, Nintendo first should only release a handheld and they should release higher quality games for them and they would sell a lot

Wait, did you just include Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid and Street Fighter? You might as well include Tekken in there too.

Meh... the important thing really is the content, and regarding content PS4 is shit. Seriously, this generation sucks.
That said this "For us its not about the specs" is BS anyway. Hardware also matters, it is the base needed to provide the important content.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about getting Zelda:BotW for the Wii U because of the graphical downgrade but at the same time, I don't feel like buying Nintendo's new console when it comes out so it's an iffy situation.

PfiajEQSSYCTwbZL3Z42_13467786_10208763773626847_845963454_o.jpg

Thanks, @Bladexdsl for this.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.