Hacking Regarding the Homebrew Channel ISO...

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done a bit of reading for the past hour but I can't seem to find my definite answer...

Is it possible to just load the ISO for the Homebrew channel by itself and not have to do the Twilight Hack at all? I don't have an SD card handy at the moment and I'm not really wanting to run to the nearest electronics or camera store to buy one...

Thanks to all those who leave helpful replies, cheers.

In regards to Wii specs if needed:

WiiKey 1.9S
3.2E (Pretty damn sure, My friend is playing Wario Land right now so I can't check

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep.
You don't need the Twilight Hack if you install via ISO.

But you need a SD card for the applications unless beta 9 or something has libdi DVD homebrew support.

In which case, you'll still need the DVD stub installer.

greyhound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe it is possible to use a dvd to install the channel if you already have a modchip installed. Otherwise, you will have to use the twilight hack to install it. I'm just using a microsd from my R4 with the SD adapter.

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As the Wii is designed to prevent the use of unauthorized software, installation requires the use of software exploits. There are currently two ways of installing the Homebrew Channel on a Wii: using a bug in the signature verification of discs and a modchip, or using an exploit in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and a specially crafted game save copied from an SD card (the Twilight Hack).

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast replys guys, I'll buy an SD when I'm at the town, but I'll download the channel right now.
smile.gif

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Also, as far as I understood...you can use TCP Loader to "send" the applications to the Wii and install them. You just need to install de Homebrew Channel (if I'm wrong, correct me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44