Regarding Layout Files (LYT/CLYT/FLYT)

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Helmax, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Helmax
    OP

Helmax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    United States
    Has anyone successfully cracked these files yet? I know these are common extension/formats shared with Wii U as well, however many are loosely documented, and they are all different versions of the same thing with slightly different implementation.

I have yet to find anything on any forum yet though, regardiing some kind of LYT converter, to even something like XML.

The current dilemma I have, is that a game I am working on uses SARC files. I have unpacked these successfully using ObsidianX's script (sarc.py)

Inside of ARCs, we usually find layout files, images, and some animation files.
    This one has BFLIM and BFLYT.
    I've already found several tools for BCLYT and BCLIM (I think the "C" is version 3), but none for version 4, BFLYT and BFLIM. In fact, i've NEVER found a tool for the layout files. These are also something used by manuals.

Anyhow, hoping some people here can point me in the right direction. I started working on my own tool set in the meantime, but would love to stop if I don't need to reinvent the wheel. Thanks.

2. Helmax
    OP

Helmax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2011
    United States
  3. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    for import:Phttps://github.com/ericjwg/SARC-Extractor