Hacking Reformatting a PS Vita

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if reformatting the ps vita removes the ur0:tai folder or its contents? I need to get rid of a banned account before updating to 3.65 ensou, so I'd like to do this before updating (just in case).

also, if I made a backup of say vita shell using the old account, I take that it won't work with the new one? I'm assuming that the new account's partials' folder will be all 0's as will the account id for having not signed into psn. I'm thinking that there may be a problem doing this since both my pstv and vita use the same partials' folder (i.e. the same account is tied to them). I know you need to restore the ps vita system in the recovery menu in order to remove an old account, but do you need to sign in to psn in order to go through initial settings? I'm thinking no since it wouldn't make sense for people without internet access. thanks!

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I have yet to update myself, but I've settled on updating vitashell and the plugins on the sd2vita and unlinking it, before updaing, and I'm going to "FACTORY RESTORE TO DEFAULT", also reformatting the internal memory of the vita)

(your vita has internal memory 1 gig, susposed you don't need memory card)

(on 3.60 firmware, after "restore to factory defaults", then go to henkaku.xyz/go/ , it will install vita shell, then install "molecular shell" or "7ZSHELL", and uninstall the outdated version of vita shell that was installed, and then install "Vita Shell 1.82"

(next install the 3.65, updater.vpk, and put the PSP2UPDAT.PUP file at ux0:app/UPDATE365/PSP2UPDAT.PUP)

(now restart your vita, go back to henkaku.xyz/go and then run the 3.65 updater, after finished turn off the vita and install your sd2vita memory card back into the vita, remember you updated the plugins prior to removing the sd2vita, and also you update the config.txt file in the tai folder to reflect the plugins (if your using mlthaku, just remove the entries, beyond the sd2vita plugin you added, and the updated nonpdrm)

(everything is installed on your sd2vita memory card, so you don't lose anything, you will have to reinstall a few applications, like maybe mai dump, if your still using that, so far, it was recommended to update the apps to 3.65 versions like "adrenaline" on the sd2vita before install of 3.65 update) (haven't tested any of this but, this should work! I intend to update one of my vita, later today or tomorrow, for safety using "FActory REstore to Default" on 3.60 firmware, and not risking it, like some of what I am reading)

(ux0 and ur0 will be deleted .............. you can try "account switcher .vpk" create a account with same name and then import your backup, 3.65 works with PSVIMGTOOLS which may help, never tried that, the program psvimgtools I only used to apply a whitelist patch and patch to play emulators on official 3.67)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,
Reactions: godreborn

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
does anyone know if reformatting the ps vita removes the ur0:tai folder or its contents?
Yes, factory reset wipes ur0 (and other things)

Maybe hand-cleaning tm0 and vd0 (the one with the registry) will be enough? Trying is free, at least...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but do you need to sign in to psn in order to go through initial settings?
No (even though it's described as "configure trial use of PSN"), but you need to be signed in to sync with PC/PS3

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, factory reset wipes ur0 (and other things)

Maybe hand-cleaning tm0 and vd0 (the one with the registry) will be enough? Trying is free, at least...

well, I remember reading on psdevwiki that the account id is everywhere including the calendar database, so manually modifying may be impossible or ridiculously complicated. I don't recall anything about which files (every) that it's in, just that it's in several including the id.dat.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do any of you know whether the partials' folder will be all 0's if you reformat and you haven't signed in to psn? what would happen if you accidentally selected restore ps3 system, then needed to restore your old profile? does that mean signing in to psn or something? there must be a way to fix a situation such as that. or, can the content be used interchangeably between profiles as long as it's with the same system or stack of systems (i.e. ps vita and pstv). I suppose a lot of this will become clear once I actually do it, but I'd like to gather as much information about the process as possible beforehand. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!