Recent a9lh'd JP n3ds with some issues

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by escequi, Jan 18, 2017.

1. escequi
    OP

escequi GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Brazil
    Osasco, Sao Paulo
    Hello, i've installed a9lh on my friend's jp n3ds (since i never really ran into any problems with my american o3ds), but he is having a few problems with it:

Some games are crashing on him (Mario Paper Jam, Zelda Majoras Mask), he said it's 2 different errors, one where it returns to home menu and then shutdown and the other is like when you remove the cartridge, that he have to forcedly turn it off. Games are from the USA region, so i don't think it's because multilanguage is not finding JPm
    Second problem is he is getting error 003-4199 (which i googled and couldn't find anything useful) when trying to connect USA Fantasy Life online (with luma3ds locales set to USA EN), other games (like his legit pokemon moon) works fine.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Tell him to test his SD card with H2testw (for the first problem). Not sure about the second.

3. escequi
    OP

escequi GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Brazil
    Osasco, Sao Paulo
    Will do, but it's unlikely to be a corruption i think, he have uninstalled those games and downloaded others which works fine, i had him redownload them because the clock patch was active back then i thought it might be it, but they still crashes (won't hurt to check though, right)

4. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    The sd can still be corrupted. I also had one gene downloading/installing works but the icon didn't save their new location. The SD card was corrupted.

5. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    Make sure region and language emulation is turned on. Download luma locale switcher (you can find it in FBI under TitleDB) and set the region and language to match the game.

6. escequi
    OP

escequi GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Brazil
    Osasco, Sao Paulo
    That worked, thanks, i even had him use the locales with the titleid.txt but apparently he did something wrong