Rebuilding a VC-CIA as Different Title?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Dracari, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    is it possible to rebuild say for example Pokemon Yellow'sd VC to use a Yellow Debug Hack,
    (like thsi one)

as a Different one? so that the normal legit one is left untouched while this one stays installed as its own separate VC?

2. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    Install with different exheader iirc,
    As title ID is in exheader (I think)
    <the 04000 nonsense>

When you compile, you also wanna change the game ID
    <the CTR-P nonsense>

PF2M likes this.
  3. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    now i feel stupid i thought it was simple in ctrtool to recompile it after romfs was rebuilt,
    anyone have a quickguide in recompiling the CIA?

4. joseole99

joseole99 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    United States
    Asia81 wrote one in the rom hacking section.

5. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    ok then one last question if titleID is left unchanged but Game-ID is changed, will both the normal Legit eShop vers and the Romhack share a save or have seperate Saves or does titleID nee dto be changed so it doesnt over-write the normal eShop vers?

6. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    Sorry to bump but i can change the Game ID w/ 3DS Rom builder before converting to a CIA but i dont see how to change the titleID

7. Zabhahs

Zabhahs Goron

Sep 20, 2015
    United States
    Seattle area
    Im not sure, but I saw a hack on that iso site where he injected a blue to green conversion mod into pokemon blue, with the title ID of japanese pokemon green-basically pokemon green in english. What ended up happening is that it corrupted the pokemon blue save, I would check the thread on that iso site if I were you.

8. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    glad that its getting constantly ignored, its just "go pirate teh CIA from "That" ISO site.

Just trying to use the CIA i dumped from my own Legit purchase, Inject ThunderYellow/ASM Debug Menu Romhack and rebuild. what i'm failing is changing the ID& Save ID so that the orginal works and the injected Version doesnt overwrite. WITHOUT getting the "An Error Occurred" Screen.

9. Zabhahs

Zabhahs Goron

Sep 20, 2015
    United States
    Seattle area
    No, what I said was that someone over there (actually 2 users) tried to do what your trying to do with some success, and that maybe you could ask them for assistance. Im not saying pirate, im only suggesting you get the info from them.

gamesquest1 likes this.