Reading eBooks On The Cyclo

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by OptimisticPessim, Mar 4, 2009.

1. OptimisticPessim
    OP

OptimisticPessim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2008
    Senegal
    Er, some questions for reading eBooks thru Cyclo...

1. How do I read .txt or .pdf files using my Cyclo?
    2. Where do I put the files in the MicroSD Card?
    3. Does the function support Asian Characters (unicode)?

2. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    1. Moonshell or DSOrganize.
    2. Anywhere.
    3. Depends.

3. Seven

Seven oh hell no

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    1. Moonshell, DSReader, DSOrganize.
    2. Anywhere, when you run the homebrew programs above you'll be able to locate them through a file browser.
    3. Haven't tried, but you can try adding an East Asian font for DSReader and try using that, but I suspect the font file is different from the ones that DSReader accepts, so...Besides that, I would give moonshell a try for reading East Asian language files since it was coded originally in Japanese.

4. Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    Thailand
    PDF files won't work on the DS.

5. TraumaHoundNDS

TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Hmmm...I was going to point you to Ands PDF viewer (I'll link it for reference's sake) but after trying to load a couple of different PDFs with it and getting nothing but errors I can't recommend this at this time. Anyone have any success with this?

I'd say if you're looking to read PDFs pick up Comic Book Reader & PictoDS for converting PDFs into usable CBDS files, which I think you can pick up here.

6. xxRAG3

xxRAG3 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 6, 2009
    United States
    It works for me, but I used small ones. However, ands really needs to fix a lot of problems (theres no dpad scroll, only with the stylus, and its so hard to get to the right spot using it. Also it freezes for a good 10 seconds if you attempt to make two moves close to eachother.

EDIT: Trauma only posted a download link, heres his main site for newer versions/news/just comment.