Random things not working right. What's missing?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Robotic Earthlin, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Robotic Earthlin
    OP

Member Robotic Earthlin GBAtemp Regular

EDIT: NEW TOPIC: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119747

My Wii Settings screen says it's on version 3.3U.

First of all, I cannot install any cIOS with a .dol file. When it gets to the part about pressing A to continue, it stops responding and I have to restart. I have been using .wad files instead.

Second, on Gamma, I cannot go to the config menu. I have tried 3 different Gamma compilations (autoboot and non-autoboot), and when I try to go to the menu, they all just freeze on a blank menu, like this. No buttons do anything, except the reset button which gives me this. Gamma boots games fine however, and I have no problems accessing the menu on Beta.

GeckoOS has a problem similar to the previous one. When I launch it, the background seems to come up fine, but that's all I see. Here's an image. No buttons work except reset, which gives me the same error message.

What am I missing? I'm most concerned about the GeckoOS problem, because for the other two I have alternatives. I want to be able to transfer my Animal Crossing save to an SD card, and I am using a backup, so I can't use Waninkoko's savegame extractor. Thanks in advance.

2. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Your IOS hav been patched by the 3.3 update so things are not gonna work correctly...
    Follow this guide:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

Feel Free to ask anymore questions you may have but remember google is your friend!,
    - Kitt050383

I get back to people faster if you pm me...

3. Robotic Earthlin
    OP

I tried that link as well as this one:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118...1&st=0&

The same thing happened both times.
    When I loaded "Install Shop IOS51," it asked me about installing IOS51, and about the IOS patch. I said yes to both, then it started installing, but after it installed them, it just got stuck there, never asking me about installing the Wii Shop Channel. I had to restart with the power button.

But now Gamma won't boot games at all. The menu actually works now though, except when I select "Launch Game," it just stays at the menu. If I let Gamma autoboot, the disc continually speeds up and slows down while the screen stays black.

So I'm worse off now than I used to be. D:

4. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    So what version does your wii say now ?

5. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    follow my tutorial and downgrade you wii to 3.2 and you will be up and running in no time [​IMG] the link is in my signature , any further help please ask .

6. Robotic Earthlin
    OP

I read through it, but it seems to be the same as the two tutorials that I've already followed. If there's any significant difference, please let me know and I'll try it though.

7. digitydogs

Member digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

United States
    have you installed ios16 yet? i have a feeling that is your problem (no trucha bug) as most of the tutorials had to pull that file

8. Robotic Earthlin
    OP

Yes, I was able to find and install IOS16.

9. Robotic Earthlin
    OP

If it would be easier, I'd be satisfied if I could just go back to the way I had things when I made the topic. Gamma worked, but without a menu, and Beta worked too, as well as its menu, and that's a lot better than what I have now (neither of them working at all). I tried installing the Beta channel I used to have, but it doesn't show up with my channels even though it says it installs successfully.

I really don't understand why I'm running into this many problems when all Wiis should be the same. =/

And of course any other suggestions to get Gamma fully working would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: NEW TOPIC: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119747