R4I-SDHC 3DS Help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GalatasarayEken, Jul 8, 2012.

Jul 8, 2012

R4I-SDHC 3DS Help by GalatasarayEken at 9:11 AM (831 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. GalatasarayEken
    OP

Newcomer GalatasarayEken Advanced Member

Canada
    Okay now I believe my problem is a little different then most of the people on here but I also may be wrong but I updated my 3DS System before the flashcard and now I keep getting a message like this;

An error has occurred
    Press and hold the POWER button
    to turn the system off.
    Please refer to the
    Operations Manual for details.

and my system is V4.2.0-9U

I have tried formatting the SD Card with my files on it... and now everythings gone but that doesen't really matter I just want it to work, and no I don't have a DSI so I cant update it through any dsi please help [​IMG][​IMG]

Here's the site http://r4i-sdhc.com/ it says to update through flashcard before system but I did the opposite please help

2. lordchaos

Newcomer lordchaos Newbie

Canada
    I had the same error after updating my system to V4.2.0-9U before flashing the card.

Ive replace the files on the Micro SD with R4I-SDHC kernel V1.59b. Same error message.

I've managed to update the flashcard following the 3DS V4.2.0-9 firmware upgrade instruction from R4I SDHC website using a Nintendo DS.

Worked with 2 3DS consoles.

3. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Your problem isn't any different from anyone else's.

What you need to do is download the latest update and put it on your SD card and then update the card from a working DS console. Find a friend with one or buy a used one for 5 minutes and return or hell just ask an employee at a game shop if you can "test" one and do it that way. Make sure when updating you follow the instructions on the website, it isn't as simple as "Move files! Done!".

4. Lomeli12

Newcomer Lomeli12 Member

United States
    The problem is that the team accidently included a faulty flash.r4i file, which is the file that updates the bootloader. Download the latest kernal, replace the flash.r4i with this patched one http://www.games-engine.com/flash.rar
    Then, on a old DS, update the bootloader via Config->Upgrade.