R4i Save Dongle Help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Shrimpboy107, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Shrimpboy107
    OP

Shrimpboy107 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2014
    United States
    Hi, I'm struggling with getting this thing to work and I'd love some guidance. Downloading this software has been quite a pain in my rear. I've been watching tutorials and trying a variety of things to get it to work, but I have been having a lot of trouble.

First, I go to the R4i website, download the three files, drivers.rar, R4i SaveDongle V1.5.rar, and SaveDongle_Firmware_Uploader.rar. Great, try to open them, doesn't work, so I eventually figure out I need to download WinRAR and then delete all the unnecessary things that came with it like the dreaded Search Protect. Alright, I then open the drivers.rar and attempt to download the files, but my computer has the same or greater installed for dotNet and a more recent version of C++. Cool, now I open SaveDongle Firmware Uploader V1.0 and it says "Device Not Detected! Press the <Upgrade Buttonat the save donggle for few seconds and then release it to enter program mode!" So I do, and nothing happens... It stays there and doesn't let me input the BIN file. What I noticed though was that a few tutorials mentioned is that the dongle automatically installs something when first plugged in and when you press the upgrade button. My computer said the drivers aren't installed properly, so I go to the pop-up, allow automatically updating the drivers, and then wait while it does it's thing. After a minute of waiting, simple HID device demo, internet access server, and the one that tries to install after the update button (can't check because I accidentally closed it :/) all failed. So I click the link to see what I can do, which says to check if you can connect to internet by opening a webpage (I can), check your updates for drivers (no driver updates are in there from what I could tell), and to download software for the device (I already have the same or better softwares from the drivers.rar, so that can't be right either...)

So that's my dilemma and I'd love a solution. Obviously, I'm not very good at this kind of thing, so I apologize. I also apologize for the fact I may have put this in the wrong thread, but I wasn't actually sure where to put it... And I lastly apologize for the fact I'm going on vacation for a few days, so I will likely not get to test any solution for a week. But thank you for your time and help!