GloversFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
Brought a DS Lite off eBay, when it arrived it had an R4i 3DS card in it, with an 8gb SD, but the console says "no cartridge inserted" (the ds was sold as faulty / not reading games) I've tried other games in the DS Lite and that works fine.

I've tried the R4 3DS card in my 3DS XL I've had 2 different errors,

1st time - 3DS XL - Blue power light on, but screens remained blank, had to hold power button down for 5 mins to switch it back off.

2nd time - 3DS XL - Loads up and says "Metroid Prime Hunters Demo Version" so I click open and it says "An error has occurred, press and hold the power button to turn the system off"

I've never used one of these before so I have basically have 2 questions.. if anyone could help me with them :)

1 - I'm guessing as the card is called a R4i 3DS - a DS Lite will not read the card ??
2 - If one minute the card stops my 3DS XL from turning on, but the next minute turns on but doesn't load the game - the card is faulty?

Cheers
Dan

blobox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1-yes
2-you have to update your card since your 3ds version is in a version where it patched your current r4 version, check your r4 website for update instruction (you probably will need another 3ds to update it tho)

GloversFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply,
I've took the R4 card apart and cleaned it with a wire brush, the DS lite now picks it up,
It's working fine on that but just not with the 3DS XL,

I've looked on google and tried downloading updates, but there was a post that said my card can't be upgraded because it's version 1.4 and won't work on a 3DS.

I don't know why as the card has 3DS LL on it, I've added a photo,
WP_20141122_005.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup