Hacking R4 or G6 Real

koiboi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cousin just introduced me to the R4 a couple days ago and I am planning on buying one of those carts. I've narrowed it down to the R4 and the G6 Real and I am having trouble deciding. Which in your opinion is "better?" (support, functions, interface, reliability) Thanks in advance.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
G6DS Real has more functions, but I'd say if you're looking for reliability.. depends on what microSD you have. Of course you wouldn't have to worry about the speed of your external memory with the G6.

In the end it's down to whether you prefer external or internal memory.

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope M3 has fixed all the crap that was wrong with the regular G6, because after 3 hardware revisions the G6 still gets corrupted memory & problems with it’s save games. You’ll always have someone say they never had a problem with there G6, but just read the old posts the board is riddled with G6 problems. Go with the R4, the worst problem it has had is a week SD spring & even that is very rare.

Winner6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i personally prefer r4 as the memory is removable and its a lot cheaper. so if r4 fails its cheaper to replace it than if g6 fails/lost or damaged etc. also r4 works for a lot of games. i have not found a game which it doesnt work with.

aquariumboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
in my opinion the r4 is better because the fact that you can remove the memery. but also sence you can do that the memery can get lost easly.

its really a matter of which one you like better...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt