Hacking R4 DS on DSLite Error Message

vyen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/groaaaannn I can't figure this one out. I googled the error message I get "R4 Create System File Error" and the first two results were to Reinstall the Firmware (which is what gave me this message) and "Silly Boys Trucks R4 Girls!" (no joke >.>).

Here's what happened. I've been using the YSMenu for a while (I think). I found an auto-installer for it, and it worked perfectly except for one thing -- I couldn't run DS a few specific games under it (mostly ones published by SE). Dunno why, just wouldn't work. I wanted to finish off Chrono Trigger finally, so I go back and re-rename some of the old system files. I got it to boot back up into the 'original' firmware that comes with the R4DS.

But I still wanted to dual-boot into YSMenu when I needed it -- it avoids ARM7 patching, meaning I can plan local-connect games through it. So I re-downloaded a NEW YSMenu auto-installer, put the new files on there...and it all worked! Yay! But I knew I had duplicate system files all over the place eating up my flash card space (TTMenu and YSMenu and _system_ and _old_system_)...so I cleared off all the system-related and moonshell files, and put fresh copies of the R4 Firmware, the YSMenu dual-boot .NDS, Moonshell, and Moonshell 2.

Now I get this error message:

Error
Create system file failure
Storage space inadequate

I have almost 15MB open on the card. Any idea what I did wrong? >.> Maybe it, for some reason, can't create some sort of usr_settings_.ini file, which I'd just put on there myself, but I dunno where it'd go or what to call it. Is the newest copy of the firmware on the R4 site borked? Did I brick my card somehow? Any help would be appreciated. I shoulda just left well enough alone, but I wanted that extra 3MB back >.>;

Edit: I checked that the files/folders were read-only. They weren't, though some were Archived. Un-archiving didn't help either. I tried making the YSMenu be the auto-boot/default/whatever, and now that just gets stuck at 'Loading...' I saw somewhere there was some fix for that, so maybe I need to go check that out?

Edit 2: Clicking around turned up some info on -cloned- R4 cards? Good gravy...I'm almost sure I've got an 'actual' R4 card, but if it helps, i've been using the Firmware updates from: http://www.r4ds.com/index-en.htm since I got this card, and those firmware updates have always worked fine. Seems I'm getting ab it of a different error message, but any info helps.

Fatboy12345236

Trophies
XP
Country
*pretends to be an admin* XD
Try reformatting your card with the Panasonic Formater it tends to work better insure that you format your card to FAT32

Few, Now I can stop pretending to be a mod!
yaynds.gif

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
QUOTE said:
Error
Create system file failure
Storage space inadequate
This error means your R4 cannot compile a temporary system file which is required for the R4 to run properly. I'm not sure how much space it needs but it is usually recommended to do a first run on an empty card, or at least keep a lot of free space, definitely more than 15MB.

pootio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting the same error message after installing the ysmenu0903270000 update.
It only happens on games like the new Pokemon HG/SS games, and the 101 in 1 explosive game pack.
It seems as though the savelib.dat or something cannot handle the EEPROM size or something.

Anyone have a clue how to update the compatibility for a bigger save type?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku...