Questions about switch modding/using atmosphere.

HunterWinger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question here is mainly on how to most safely avoid bans. I'm well aware it is not 100% ever, however I want to do what I can. Currently I'm going to have all of my emunand and everything setup on my sd card that i just recently bought. I have a second sd i've been using for my switch for a while. If I stick to airplane mode and stay offline while using atmosphere and homebrew, and then switch to my other sd card and make sure everything is clean can I safely play online?

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the game, honestly, I've actually kept my Switch online with Smash mods. Just never do an online match with some of those mods. I think simple skin swaps or mods that replaces music instead of adding will be fine. Honestly I never go online with that game in general. Anyways yeah it depends on the game.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
My question here is mainly on how to most safely avoid bans. I'm well aware it is not 100% ever, however I want to do what I can. Currently I'm going to have all of my emunand and everything setup on my sd card that i just recently bought. I have a second sd i've been using for my switch for a while. If I stick to airplane mode and stay offline while using atmosphere and homebrew, and then switch to my other sd card and make sure everything is clean can I safely play online?
Making emunand and staying offline is enough, no need to swap cards, switch's sd card slot is weak, so better stick to one sd and use ftp/sd mount with hekate or some other hb to transfer/install files. To safely stay offline, just use atmosphere's blanking prodinfo (or 90dns if it still exists, or both) on your emunand and you won't ever connect to nintendo servers there, but will be able to use wifi for other things like ftp and stuff... And keep your sysnand clean and updated for online.

Reactions: HunterWinger

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is absolutely no logical reason to use a second SD card. Are you worried Nintendo would be scanning the SD card for files? If that was the case, everyone would be banned even people who didn't hack because such a method is unreliable.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You always risk a ban on CFW if you go online on nintendo's servers with that console, no matter what anyone tells you, if Nintendo servers detect something is off and flags ya, you're basically screwed.

How to avoid being banned?

Have a secondary Stock Nintendo Switch with no CFW to play your legit games without fear online.

Don't connect to Nintendo servers under any circumstance on any console with CFW, always stay offline. [People do risk going online, but that's up to them, and all depends on what you're doing, if that makes you uncomfy, or you're unsure, then don't do it]

Don't pirate games and then attempt to play those games online, Nintendo will know you did not buy them and you'd be banned pretty dang fast.

If you pirate games, keep them on emuNAND only, you will dirty your sysNAND otherwise. If you don't know the diff, you should really go look that up now.

Don't hack/cheat/mod any online game and then attempt to play it online, if they detect that you gave yourself an unfair advantage, or that files don't match up, or seem modified in any way... then that's just asking for a bunch of red flags. But that goes for many consoles, not just the switch, so this one should be 100% obvious. lol

Lot's of these are pretty obvious, It suprises me that people still ask this question... If you have a modded console, you're obviously always at risk of being banned. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.