ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi y'all,

So I'm considering returning my N3ds (on 9.9) and getting one running 9.0-9.2. Somehow. My question doesn't pertain to obtaining said system, (though I wouldn't mind some tips) but to my NNID. I, like many others, have spent loads of money on my 3ds in the past and I'd like to keep my legitimate content while still having access to Ninjhax 1.0.

My question to you fine folks is, what are the steps that need to be taken to achieve this? Is this my best bet for having CIA installing and my own content on the same system, or should I wait for NH 2.0 to pan out into something more promising?

Thank you for any help that you can give me.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that you can ask Nintendo to unlink a NNID from a 3DS console, so perhaps you could look into that.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That I don't know unfortunately. I've never done it myself, I just remember seeing someone doing that in a thread a few days ago.

Edit: There might be something in system settings that has to do with unlinking NNID.

clank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I tried to do it just a week ago, I called Nintendo's customer support, and they said they could, but that it was a long process (almost a month). So I hardmoded my new3DS, updated it to 9.9 and then did the system tranfer. After that I just restored the 9.2 NAND backup through the hard mod. It's pretty straightforward and fast, but you don't wanna try it unless you have some decent soldering skills.

Reactions: ultramario1998

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked system settings, it appears that formatting the system memory will unlink the ID, but it won't allow me to relink said ID with any systems besides the one that's been formatted?

I'll submit a help ticket and see what can be done.

clank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Just checked system settings, it appears that formatting the system memory will unlink the ID, but it won't allow me to relink said ID with any systems besides the one that's been formatted?

Even if it says so, unlinking the NNID from a console can only be done by a system transfer or by nintendo's customer support itself. Also, maybe it was only on my region, but a NNID transfer couldn't be done through a ticket and I had to call them directly.

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it says so, unlinking the NNID from a console can only be done by a system transfer or by nintendo's customer support itself. Also, maybe it was only on my region, but a NNID transfer couldn't be done through a ticket and I had to call them directly.

I'll call them tomorrow and see. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: clank

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The confusion is because Nintendo themselves do not bother with making it easy. They want everyone to call in for some reason. So when they say to format to unlink a NNID it just makes it dissapear from your current 3ds. But the catch is that you cannot relink to another as the only way to transfer the NNID is with a transfer.

And if you do not have both systems, you have to do a data transfer with Nintendo support. And a word of caution is you should have everything logged on the old console such as NNID, email address, old console serial number and the games installed with that NNID. Trust me I know as I had to deal with it previously and why I know recommend no NNID unless it is a must.

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should have everything logged on the old console such as NNID, email address, old console serial number and the games installed with that NNID. Trust me I know as I had to deal with it previously and why I know recommend no NNID unless it is a must.

Thank you, I will be certain to write everything down.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just call nintendo tell them you sold your older 3ds after formatting it they will allow you to link the NNID to a new console this usually take 24 hours for them but it took 2 hours for me.

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...

It sounds like they will transfer NNID. However, finding a N3ds with 9.2 is proving to be quite a problem... (seriously, I went through 3 today)

Does anybody know of a good way to find a 9.2-9.0 U N3ds?

clank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
So...

It sounds like they will transfer NNID. However, finding a N3ds with 9.2 is proving to be quite a problem... (seriously, I went through 3 today)

Does anybody know of a good way to find a 9.2-9.0 U N3ds?
Check for their serial in this link, I think there was a more complete list somewhere here in gbatemp, but I can't find it right now. What I did with mine was ask sellers on ebay for the firmware version, and the second one I asked had one on 9.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: