[Question] Using System Transfer on lower firmware devices

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by EpicLPer, Jan 26, 2016.

1. EpicLPer
    OP

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    Long story short: I'll receive a New 3DS XL in a few days. It'll still have 10.3 on it (or an even older firmware).

However, I want to transfer all my stuff from my currently, already hacked New 3DS (non-XL) to the XL one and use it as my main unit then.
    Is there any way to "trick" the 3DS into thinking that the newest updates are already applied so I can then use the system transfer on both devices?

PS.: While writing this text it came to me that I could try using EmuNAND to EmuNAND system transfer while updating both EmuNANDs to 10.5 first. However, did someone already try this? Is there a chance or better said WILL it write something to SysNAND too? I'm not fully sure about that...

2. EpicLPer
    OP

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    - bump -
    Only because a lot of people actually wrote stuff on this forum again ;P

3. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
  4. EpicLPer
    OP

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
  5. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    There is a savedata backup feature available for firmware 6.0 and up that will restore eshop saves as long as you relink your NNID, but once again I haven't tried it myself. You can find info about it with an easy Google search. It's a Nintendo feature, not homebrew.

6. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    Emunand to Emunand should work. I'd advise making sure nands are not linked on both systems