Master_B

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a question regarding the type matchup of pokemons. I all ready looked at the type match up graph on serebii, but i was still wondering about the weaknesses.

For instance Lugia.... is water and fly type, and strong against electric. But what are the weaknesses? Are the weaknesses coming from both types? For instance... grass is stronger than water, but fly is stronger than grass.... is a grass type good or bad against lugia?

Hope the questions is clear... if not i will try it again
biggrin.gif

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
As far as I know grass will do normal damage. The water type wants to double it and the psychic type wants to halve it. This makes the matchup neutral.
Other types that are strong against one but weak against the other type will be neutral/normal.

Same goes for attacks that are weak against both types it will be halved 2 times like (example:) instead of the normal 100 damage it will do 25 damage. This doesn't apply to moves that work with the level of the pokemon.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Lugia is a flying and psychic not water and flying.. so its weak against electric,dark,ice,rock and and ghost as its shown in serebii.net (bug will be normal as its effective against psychic but weak against flying)..

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Master_B said:
I have a question regarding the type matchup of pokemons. I all ready looked at the type match up graph on serebii, but i was still wondering about the weaknesses.

For instance Lugia.... is water and fly type, and strong against electric. But what are the weaknesses? Are the weaknesses coming from both types? For instance... grass is stronger than water, but fly is stronger than grass.... is a grass type good or bad against lugia?

Hope the questions is clear... if not i will try it again
biggrin.gif

Lugia is, in fact, Psychic/Flying.

So the Dark and Ghost moves will be super effective, as they are strong against Psychic. In addition, Ice, Rock and Electric moves will all be super effective, since they are strong against flying. Bug will do normal damage, since it's super effective against psychic, but not very effective against flying.

The point I'm trying to make here is that both types must be taken into account. To go back to your original question regarding grass; Grass will be not very effective, since Lugia is Psychic/Flying, and Grass is normally weak against Flying. It's the same deal with Psychic, since Psychic is normally weak against Psychic.

Master_B

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
my mistake guys... of course its physic and flying
wacko.gif

From what i understand it has the weaknesses of both types... so what you do you guys think... is it better to have a one type pokemon instead of two?

XXNatus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends. Some pokemon have more weaknesses because of their dual-typing, but some pokemon have more resistances and/or immunities because their two types complement each other.

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Master_B said:
wacko.gif

From what i understand it has the weaknesses of both types... so what you do you guys think... is it better to have a one type pokemon instead of two?
Yes, it has the weaknesses of both types. But it also has the strengths of both types, and sometimes the strength of one can cancel out the weakness of the other (see my example above with Lugia). So no, it's not better as such to go with a one-type pokemon. Even if the two-type pokemon does have more weaknesses, if you build a good enough team, you should be able to cover all the weaknesses anyway.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Master_B said:
wacko.gif

there are dual type pokemon who's dual type seems to be beneficial take for example Empoleon, infact even lugia is not that bad when compared to ho-oh... Lugia or Empoleon doesn't have any type that does 4x damage while for ho-oh a rock type does 4x damage so it depends on type matches when it comes to dual type pokemon.. Another of the good dual type i'd like to mention is Lucario...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: huh didn't know about m.2 22110