[QUESTION] Reputable users who offer repairs?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by templeofhylia, Feb 28, 2016.

1. templeofhylia
    OP

templeofhylia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2014
    Canada
    (I'm REALLY hoping this is the right forum for this kind of question, and also that this ask is acceptable in this community...)
    Are there any users on here who offer repair services within Canada? I'm terribly nervous about sending electronics over the border so shipment within the country is a must...

Anyway, the upper screen on my O3DS XL broke not that long ago. I'm told that I need new flex cables (an entire new screen, I guess). As much as I'd love to repair it myself, I'm really paranoid about not being able to do it properly, and I'm really not interested in turning my 3DS into a paperweight. Sending to Nintendo is also not an option at all lol
    So yeah, it'd be great to get in contact with someone who can do this kind of thing!

2. templeofhylia
    OP

templeofhylia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2014
    Canada
    hate to bump but I just contacted both (key word: both, there are literally two where I live) computer repair stores in my city and neither are willing to repair a 3DS so this is my literal last option...

3. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    There is a place in Montreal ...

Pip'

4. Potato hoarder

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    What town do you live in?

5. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    I live in Varennes, it is south shore of Montreal, 20 minutes from there. I went there once to repair the nand of my o3DS.

Pip'