Homebrew Question regarding mplayer ce radio stations.

n8disme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before everyone get's their panties in a twist, I did search all over this site and can't find the answer. No my question is not about what station types the mplayer ce is compatible with, I have seen that question like a gazillion times (it's .pls and .m3u for the record).

I have been searching and searching and I even looked in the wiki as someone had suggested to another member before, but I can't find the answer.

How do I get ahold of the .pls address that I need to input into the menu.config file of the mplayer ce so that it knows where to get the station from. I finally figured out that I had to open the config file and now I cannot figure out how to get a .pls file from shoutcast or anywhere else for that matter. Can someone either post with a step by step or direct me to one please? I found one thing that looked like it might be of help in the wiki. It was something regarding wiiHear and it said to click on the 'tune in' button and save it to the desktop then right click on that and open it in notepad and you would get your address in there, however wiihear appears to work differently than mplayer ce as they tell you to get the ip address and port info and input that whereas the 3 example channels that are in the mplayer config file are in .pls format.

where o where do you go to find a .pls address.

thanks in advance for your help,

N8

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
hey, The easiest thing for you to do is search for streams or whatever, and check for streams which end with either .pls or .m3u
e.g.
edit menu.conf with notepad etc.

Their are probably a few different stream types for your particular stream your after, but your best just looking for these formats, Radio streams, etc.

n8disme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
URANUS KILLER,

where would I go to find these streams? I googled my freaking brains out trying to find them. Every time I find a stream (even when it downloads as a vlc or media player file saying that it is a .pls) I can't find any string of code anywhere that ends in .pls like the ones that are given as examples in the menu.conf file of the mplayer ce.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small