Homebrew [Question]Hard Mod N3ds Xl (nand backup)

Should I attempt this

• Total voters

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have been looking into hardmoding my N3DS Xl and I have a few questions. I currently have 10.1 and I know I cant downgrade below that if I hardmod. I would mainly use this to just keep a backup in case there was a kernel exploit found on 10.1. I plan to have the mico usb port come out the area for the wrist strap.
0.5) Does this work on N3DS XL? I have seen images of people who have done it for old 3ds(xl) but not any for New 3ds.
1) What happens if I update then download games/ game updates from the eshop and then downgrade
2) What happens if I do a system transfer from this 3ds to another then restore to a backup. Would that duplicate the games? (I probably wouldn't do this but I just want to know)
3) How much practice at soldiering should I have/ how can I get to that point? I intend to practice soldering on my broken ds lite before I attempt this.
4) Is this worth it? Do you think I should attempt this or not at all?
5) Which number is the real CLK? I assume it is the bottom right one but I'm not sure.
6) Is there a certain point Im supposed to use as GND/ground or will any point of metal work(not connected to 3ds board)
7) If I can get this to work will it increase the value of the 3ds.
8) do you think I can fit the sdcard to usb adapter inside the 3ds without it bulging out?
9) while opening my 3ds to get a look at the motherboard I have to open the black zif connectors. When I put it back together the mic and home button didn't work. I fixed the home button by taping some plastic to keep the zif held down. Is there a better way to do this? I dont care about the mic only the home button.
Is everything in the pictures good connection wise?
Also, sorry for the bad picture quality. I took them with my potato.
photo 2 (1).JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG
ux_a13071200ux0523_ux_g03.jpg

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go for it! I love watching people's agony as they realize they just broke there favorite console! (Seriously though you should look into the New 3DS a bit more before attempting this.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...