Hacking Question for updating Gateway

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to open that link from work, but no, you just need to be in emunand. You can do it from Luma, if you really want to. All you're doing is a partial update using individual .cia files. Nothing more, nothing less.

Honestly, there is no reason to go through all that trouble to have an updated emunand. Using cheats online will get you banned. Anything in the e-shop can be downloaded and installed with freeshop, ciangel, etc. without needing an updated emunand. If you want to be able to use the e-shop for other reasons, just do what everyone else does and use an updated sysnand for that (BootCTR9 can be chainloaded from Luma and be used to load GW).

Emunand+Gateway is good for 1 thing and 1 thing only now: Cheating with GW. The line there is getting blurred with the NTR Plugin system, so that isn't even completely required (although still more convenient... especially on an O3DS with games like Monster Hunter...).

Last edited by urherenow,

DragonSky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Who says that I want to use cheats online? Ofcourse I never do that.
I only want to update to play the newest games or to go sometimes online.
Yes it is a cia to update Gateway.

Last edited by DragonSky,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who says that I want to use cheats online? Ofcourse I never do that.
I only want to update to play the newest games or to go sometimes online.
You don't need to update to play the newest games. GW had that check patched out long before CFW EVER did. If you want to play online, then you use an updated sysnand and download the game with freeshop/ciAngel/e-shop

The point is that cheating online is the ONLY reason left, to want to try using Gateway on the latest Firmware. You can't even use storage space as an excuse. If there is room on your GW microSD for a .3ds file, there is room to install a .cia. Nothing stops you from using your GW's memory card in the 3DS...

Last edited by urherenow,

DragonSky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh well those steps are simple just run cia then install the update.
Can you give me more info about the updated sysnand?

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, you can..... update only nver, cver, friends module, eshop and eshop mini applet (all latest versions) ON YOUR EMUNAND and you will be able to get back online again and acess eshop!!!!! DONT update your native-firm on your gateway.

BTW whats your firmware on GW emunand and did you update the GW red card?c

Last edited by deSSy2724,

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First thing you need to to is update the GW red card to the latest version and then update your emunand to 11.2 (thats the latest fully suported frimware for GW emunand aka the GW red flashcard), after that you need to "spoof" your firmware (emunand only) by updating cver, nver, friends module. eshop. eshop mint to the latest versions (currently 11.6). Sysnand should stay on 9.2

Ofcourse, this is only if you want to use Gateway, but you have other methods and flashcards to play the latest games online (cheaper or free ways).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You can update to 11.2 by doing the following:
  1. Get a Yoshi's Wooly World rom and put it on your Gateway red card microSD
  2. With the Gateway cartridge out of the system, boot into Gateway. The menu will appear
  3. Have the cursor over "boot Gateway mode"
  4. Hold Up on the D-pad
  5. Select "boot Gateway mode" by pressing A while still holding Up
  6. Try to play Yoshi's Wooly World, your console will update itself to 11.2.

Reactions: Azel

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Boot up your emunand and go to settings, what do you see there?

BTW the thing is, you need to have the native-firm from the 11.2 firmware to be able to spoof to the 11.6 (currently latest) to be able to go online. And because 11.2 is fully supported by Gateway, you need to update to it normally and after that spoof to 11.6

EDIT: Im speaking from experience, im using it right now..... NEW 3DS XL Sysnand 9.0 (full-legit firmware) and emumand on 11,2 (full-legit firmwareI) + spoof to 11.6 (only some stuff updated as mentioned above).

System settings on emunand says: "GW3D 11.6.0-39E" mainly because I updated nver (11.6 version).

DragonSky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I need to update it manually to 11.2 then I can just use this method for updating to 11.6.
This should be just Gateway mode the app says that I doesn't must to run in Gateway sysnand mode.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You will software brick your emunand if you update GW emunand to 11.6 (I mean fully, normal aka any legit way), and if you update sysnand to 11.6 you will lose Gateway completely.

Reactions: Quantumcat

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You will software brick your emunand if you update GW emunand to 11.6 (I mean fully, normal aka any legit way), and if you update sysnand to 11.6 you will lose Gateway completely.
At this point, with OP not caring about cheats from what ive read. There really isn;t any point of staying with gateway period. They should migrate everything over to sysnand, be done with it, and not worry about losing anything when ninty decides to throw updates.

Reactions: Quantumcat

DragonSky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes I know read my first post I have added a link.
This is a new way for Gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs