[QUESTION] DSiWare Downgrade NNID

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by el_gonz87, Nov 28, 2016.

1. el_gonz87
    OP

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    So my friend got a 3DS over Thanksgiving which he hacked A9LH/Luma and has been playing Pokemon Sun/Mon and Pokemon Bank, etc...

My question is after backing up his SysNAND, if I create an EmuNAND and format the EmuNAND to un-link the system then create a throwaway NNID to do DSiWare downgrade. Can he then re-sign in to his current NNID on the system? Or do all associations of NNIDs current + previous go in the system transfer?

Many thanks in advance.

2. nightbreed813

nightbreed813 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Only the nnid that is currently signed in will be transferred.

3. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    That is incorrect. All NNIDs move with a System Transfer. The only way to move them back is to system transfer them back (which moves all NNIDs from the other system too, obviously) or by contacting Nintendo.

Quantumcat likes this.
  4. el_gonz87
    OP

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Ok so he can't sign in with original NNID unless we system transfer or we call Nintendo. Gotcha

5. KytuzuEX

KytuzuEX Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.

Apr 21, 2014
    Puerto Rican can talk either English/Spanish
    That brings me...

Can I system transfer an NNID from a banned 3DS to the N3DS?

Considering that I already did the @Giodude method. *About editing the SecureInfo_A*

Instead of injecting a blank nnidsave.bin, I inject my NNID *obviously it will say that "the nnid cannot be used on this console" message*
    (Which I did dump my NNID beforehand lol)

Using the modified arm9loaderhax.bin, I can edit the 4 digit ID thing and be able to "transfer"

Last edited by KytuzuEX, Nov 28, 2016