Hacking Question after downgrade from 11 using DSiWare

sarcoptic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I had a donor unit I used in creating the NAND backup etc. I went ahead and restored it on the new unit and finished up the AL9H upgrade. Everything is working great on both units however the NNIDs match. I was well aware of this issue so not a problem, but was thinking. Couldn't I just system format the first 3DS now and free up the NNID having it ready for new one? Thanks!

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Doesn't the NNID remains attached to the 3DS even after system format?!?

I thought the NNID is linked with the serial number and to unlink it, you have to call Nintendo service to do it.

But I might be wrong.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Doesn't the NNID remains attached to the 3DS even after system format?!?

I thought the NNID is linked with the serial number and to unlink it, you have to call Nintendo service to do it.

But I might be wrong.
True, but Nintendo's servers only have a record of it attached to the target 3DS of the transfer. You can't access eShop or anything that requires you to log into your NNID on the source system. Basically, the console thinks it is linked but the servers disagree and don't allow it to log in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...