question about WiiMednafen rom issues (not a ? about CD games)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by IAmCaptPlanet, Jan 3, 2017.

1. IAmCaptPlanet
    OP

IAmCaptPlanet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2016
    United States
    i had a few PCE/TG16 games in there and played around with them and was starting to figure out the emulator

then i brought my Virtual Boy roms over (to get rid of WiiVB and because Wimednafen works better for them) tried them out and they all were doing fine (Mario's Tennis has a black screen is my only issue so far, so i assume its a bad rom, what-evs nbd) (more about this later)

just for the heck of it i get a few Wonderswan, Lynx, and Neo Geo Pocket roms (as one does) just so i would have a few for all the systems covered in Wiimednafen (excluding roms i use in other emulators i.e. NES roms in FCEUGX)

then i figure out the Lynx BIOS files and get all of them working

i will tackle TD/PCE CD games later (after i figure this out definitively) and here is the big question.

after adding the NGP, Wonderswan, and Lynx games; and a few more to other emulators (and figuring out Famicom Disk System game, a whole nother story, lol) i went back to my PCE/TD16 folder to try out a new game i put in it (Space Harrier, works great btw, very good port, 32X physical version isn't a whole lot better)

then i put on Neutopia and it comes up to a BLANK BLACK SCREEN (just like Mario's Tennis if you'll remember way back in the story)

but the thing is, i had tested and played both Neutopia 1 and 2 and they were fine before? as far as i know i changed no settings or anything,

so, what would make them work a while then stop? i don't get it.

Last edited by IAmCaptPlanet, Jan 3, 2017
  2. IAmCaptPlanet
    OP

IAmCaptPlanet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2016
    United States
    thats the only 3 games that i know of that are not working, strangely though, i tried to open Retroarch and it wouldn't load at all, just a BLANK BLACK screen for it too, i KNOW i havent even touched it,

What's going on!!!? lol

emulation is a frustrating as it is fun, lol!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice