Question about updating to 3.60 with custom bubbles

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by BitLooter, Jun 1, 2016.

1. BitLooter
    OP

BitLooter Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    I just recently obtained a Vita, and I've been researching my hacking options. It's currently running 3.51, but I want to update it to 3.60 so I can use it online (multiplayer, trophies, save syncing for FFX, etc.). I want to see what my options are before updating. Can someone tell me if I understand things correctly?
    1. I can install custom bubbles for TV-N/ARK/etc. and they will remain after updating, but not all will work. Specifically, TV-N and ARK will break, but it looks like VHBL will work.
    2. Rejuvenate will stop working after updating, no matter what I do first.
    3. It looks like I'll at least want to get VHBL installed as a custom bubble before updating. Is there any point in installing TV-N/ARK bubbles? Anything else I should do before updating?
    I'm not too concerned about keeping it available for exploits. I have an untouched PSTV running 3.35 available if anything good comes along. Right now I want to go online more than I want a hackable Vita, but options would be nice. I also already have a hacked PSPGo for playing PSP games (not to mention PPSSPP), so it's no great loss to lose ePSP hacking.

Also, a noob question about memory cards, right now I don't have one. What happens after I get one? Does it override the internal memory, or do they coexist? Should I get a card before doing any of this?

Last edited by BitLooter, Jun 1, 2016
  2. mexspeed

mexspeed Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    1. yes you can keep em, tn-v and ark will not work but vbhl will
    2.rejuvenate will not work since psm got discontinued
    3. id say yes install tn-v or ark just in case someone decides to make em work on 3.60, if you want you can also install custom themes or mess around with trophy hack or anything else you can
    and for your noob question, i can guess you have a vita 2000, once you buy a memory card you cant use the internal memory if you put it, at least thats what i have read and thats a bummer since i have a psp go and you can use internal storage and external storage withought the system disabling one, hope this helped

3. CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I too have just obtained a Vita on 3.51 I have no idea about exploits available but would it be wise to stay in this firmware? What's the best way to go about running an exploit?

4. mexspeed

mexspeed Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    theres an all in one thread in the vita forum to get you started in everything available for vita exploits, go check it out and happy exploiting