question about SX OS and internet usage

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by kofman13, Aug 28, 2018.

1. kofman13
    OP

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    Hello, so as i am learning as much as i can before i decide to hack my switch, i stil have questions. One is this. So people say to avoid ban just remove your wifi info from list of networks/go airplane mode before going into any hacked mode or SX OS. But If SX OS uses licence files and has to check if your license is legit, doesnt it use internet to check the license? Or is it some kind of challenge/answer file where the offline SX OS dumps a challenge file, then you put that on your computer upload it somewhere and it gives you the new legit actual license file and you put that back in your switch etc? ( kind of like offline authorization works for audio software plugins and other things.)

2. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Dunno all paranoid poeple. I playing online every day, using Shop every month with SX IS and No Ban. Just Play legit Games Online and No cracked ones super simple. There is no way get you Mannes people Just do mistakes so....

3. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    It's not paranoia, it's all based on LEGIT reports. And you do know that not every ban is an INSTANT ban right?

4. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    follow TX recommendations and you won't be banned.

5. kofman13
    OP

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    are those on their website?

6. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    You will get banned eventually. The first ban wave hit CDNSP users, the next will probably be cfw users

7. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    it's on the release notes of each sx-os update. also there's many threads on it.

8. LordRahl72

LordRahl72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    I don't know why people who worry about a ban even bother to mod their switch.

If a ban is something you can't live with, DONT MOD YOUR CONSOLE!

Or just buy a second switch with all the money you will save with your modded one and leave it pure stock for online game play.

9. kofman13
    OP

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    eh i
    im like 80-90% leaning towards giving up online play and to mod. I dont see anything in the near future i would want to play online anyway, and the online service looks super wack anyway

10. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    I second this, Just buy a second switch for online.

11. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Well 99% of people already got banned so Far. And I am Day 1 User. People WHO got banned mostly used layerFS or simlar and Just blame SX

Mark2333 and CrAzYLiFe like this.