Hacking question about staying at 3.2 wii update

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im wiikey 1.9s and 3.2 wii update, all isos work fine , dont want to update , but my ? for the day is id i or can i play mariocart wii or other wii games against my friend (10 miles away) w/out nintendo updating my wii. I thought if u had a modded wii w/ wiikey you couldnt play online or by connecting ip adresses. It would be fun to play against someone other than a 9 year old daughter haha

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well you can play only if you have your Wii conected to internet, and some people says that from time to time their backups can't connect succesfully, and they believe it is because of the Disc ID is being used in that moment, but nothing sure, and you don't need to upgrade never ever again, unless "N" decides to really create a gooooooooooooood feature like playing NDS games directly in the SD card or something...!!!
smile.gif

slickric33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i want to play madden w/ my neighbor is there any way nintendo can update my wii. Let me rephrase the question, when u connect to someone else's wii , is it a direct ip address connection or do u connect to a server where they (nintendo) can update your wii . i remember when i hacked my xbox yrs ago , i couldnt use xbox live for it would detect modded xbox but i would race w/ xbox connect. is the wii server a nintendo server and do u need the lastest wii update to play on it?

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slickric33 said:
so if i want to play madden w/ my neighbor is there any way nintendo can update my wii. Let me rephrase the question, when u connect to someone else's wii , is it a direct ip address connection or do u connect to a server where they (nintendo) can update your wii . i remember when i hacked my xbox yrs ago , i couldnt use xbox live for it would detect modded xbox but i would race w/ xbox connect. is the wii server a nintendo server and do u need the lastest wii update to play on it?

Hmm... There is no doubt that you connect to a Nintendo server. Other wise it would be impossible to find out who else you can play against. I do not think that connecting with a game in any way forces or allows nintendo to automagically update your system. I do believe we'd have this forum riddled with posts testifying to that and people asking how to fix it. What I don't know is if once you've found a player to play against, if the data still continues to go through the nintendo server or if the server hands off control to the Wiis and lets them communicate directly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night