Hardware Question about my computer

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,477
  • Replies 2
D

Deleted User

OP
I bought a Acer nitro 5 a few months ago that said it was 2.4 ghz but could go up to 4.1 ghz. I am posting what the listing says below. My question is, how can I make it go up to 4.1 ghz or is that automatically done? I could have sworn I've seen it at over 3 ghz before but on my controller i can hit the xbox button and it shows my performance and it's capped at 2.4ghz.

About this item
  • 【Upgraded】 Seal is opened for upgrade only; Upgraded from Base Model with Specs: 8GB RAM + 256GB PCIe SSD.
  • 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS LED Display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB, 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H Processor (Quad-Core, 2.4 GHz Up to 4.1GHz, 8MB Cache)
  • 16GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB PCIe SSD Boot + 1TB HDD
  • 802_11_AX, Bluetooth 5.0, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 2 x USB 3.1 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone/Speaker/Line-Out Jack, 1 x RJ-45, Full-size Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • 【Authorized WOOV Bundle】 Bundled with Woov Laptop Sleeve

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
4.1Ghz is a best case scenario, probably when you're plugged into the wall and have ample airflow for cooling for the laptop given that the actual cooling solution of the laptop is good enough. If not, you might rarely go up to 4.1 and that too for a very short interval. Regarding you being stuck at 2.4 on the xbox overlay might be a windows bug. Alternatively, you could try to upgrade to the the latest bios etc and reset your windows installation.

Last edited by raystriker,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Cool thanks. I'm not complaining I can play practically any PC game with this computer. It's only a few games on rpcs3 PS3 emulator that are a little sluggish. Mostly just racing games. I thought maybe I could improve the performance on them but not a big deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on