question about migrating from emunand to A9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by sprong, Feb 9, 2017.

1. sprong
    OP

sprong Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    so im getting ready to finally pull the trigger on making the switch to A9LH from reinand and i am VERY nervous. i have read the official guide several times in its entirety to make sure that i fully understand everything and i still have a one or two small questions that i hope somebody could answer. my 3DS is set up so when you turn it on it auto boots straight to that lovely pink reinand screen and asks if you want to go to emunand or the homebrew launcher, you know all that jazz. i was just wondering if all that autoboot stuff is going to somehow interfere with the installation process in any way? also when i am in the process of using decrypt9 from the HBL should i be in sysnand or emunand?? does it matter? my sysnand is 9.2 and my emunand is 11.0 if that means anything.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You should uninstall menuhax because it will interfere. Boot into sysNAND (you might have to hold L or something) and change your theme. This will uninstall it.

If you can't work out how to boot into sysNAND, try with an empty SD card, then put your normal one back in. Then change the theme.

3. sprong
    OP

sprong Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    gotchya, i have backups of both my sysnand and emunand. when i backup my nand can i just back up my emunand right away or do i still have to use godmode?