Android Question about Huawei's bootloader

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know I shouldn't ask that here, but I need an really quick answer and no one has answered that question on xda yet. So:

I got a P9 lite and I want to root it. You have to unlock the bootloader to do so, and if you do that, the bootloader will show as unlocked. My question is, if the bootloader is relocked, will it really be locked and not relocked or something? And does the phone still have warranty if you lock the bootloader again?

Cheers

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I shouldn't ask that here, but I need an really quick answer and no one has answered that question on xda yet. So:

I got a P9 lite and I want to root it. You have to unlock the bootloader to do so, and if you do that, the bootloader will show as unlocked. My question is, if the bootloader is relocked, will it really be locked and not relocked or something? And does the phone still have warranty if you lock the bootloader again?

Cheers
You can not relock the bootloader after you modify the boot image to root it.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I believe on the P9 you can't get locked status again on the boot loader. It's doubtful but there may be an exploit to get engineer access to the boot loader. On my HTC One I can set the boot loader to locked but it took a long time to get an exploit for engineer access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ