Question Question about Goldtree and System updates.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Rubbishh, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Rubbishh
    OP

Rubbishh Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2019
    India
    I have been installing nsp's through goldleaf and goldtree over usb and keep selecting no to ignore fw version. Till now all of the games have worked flawlessly but if a new switch system update comes out, will my games stop working as i selected them to not ignore fw version?

If this is a problem can someone please tell me a fix to avoid any problems in the future? thanks!

2. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Games come with a required firmware version to launch, which may be bypassed sometimes, but not always. If you keep your console well updated (latest being 8.0.1, I believe) then you won't have any problems. Of course, don't jump on a brand new update until it's been confirmed to work on your latest CFW of choice.

3. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2019
    Slovakia
    Games require certain fw version. If the version is higher that your current one and you decide to ignore this requirement, game may or may not work, depending whether any new functionality of the new fw is needed.

If update of the game is released, the same question as in previous paragraph arises. If the update uses new functionality, ignoring the need of a higher firmware will not work. Depends on the game/update.

If update for Switch’s fw comes the game has no way of finding out about it. It’ll not suddenly need new functionality the fw brings (if any). In that case the game will continue to work without issues.

Summary - if game works for you on old fw, only game updates may force you to update to new fw, not fw updates alone

Last edited by PHiLiPZ, Jun 6, 2019
    MUDD_BR likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted