Question about Gateway Omega

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by phazonknight, Mar 30, 2014.

1. phazonknight
    OP

phazonknight GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    I was not included in the beta but I have been reading up on it and I read that Omega can't run eshop games? Is that true? Because I have a bunch of legit bought games from eshop and would like to continue to enjoy them when Omega comes out

2. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    I believe what they mean by that is the fact that you can't pirate eShop games (i.e. the .cia files cannot be run yet). The ones you bought legitimately should be fine :)

3. longxa762

longxa762 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    They can't run Eshop Rom Game not game bought in emunand or legit one

phazonknight likes this.
  4. phazonknight
    OP

phazonknight GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    Ooo, alright thanks for the clear up.

5. dagro

dagro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    They said they will have eshop roms working soon, and lets believe them for once that they will deliver as they have all these time.

6. lambstone

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    Well. They did say that 2.0 final was coming soon and it took them really long to deliver omega.

So, yeah. Eshop dumps probably will work someday but probably not as soon?

We all know that as of yet, GW seems to keep its promises of delivering features but their time frame is waaaayyyy off.

7. F417H

F417H GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2014
    If they've acknowledged it's something the people want I think they'll get this in there as quick as they can, the recent cart upgrade was they're biggest hurdle I can't see them taking too much time to include eShop ROM compatibility?
    Gotta hand it to them OMEGA is damned impressive in terms of stability - Don't think it's crashed on me once yet.

Also eShop stands as the only thing claimed by EVO as possible over GW, as soon as EVO is released it's in GW's best interest to stay ahead of the competition to bring in the new customers.

Next - Race for 6.x exploit on cards :) Not that I'm too fussed by this one at this stage but ofc it'll be a game changer for any cart maker.

KiiWii likes this.